Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
After GM Webster Q&A session at City hall can't say I'm a fan of him

TTC GM Webster main quotes

What a bizarre answer, why so fixated on Sheppard??? Over Finch???

Something's fishy here

Sheppard East LRT biggest flaw

Once you add context back into those quotes, I don't see anything glaringly incorrect about them.

It's Nigeria. I believe they ran an oil pipeline through a housing district. They'd probably just run the third-rail through an orphanage if they could.

Councillor Crisanti just stated that queue jump lanes on Finch would cost $45 million, vs over $1 billion for the LRT, and would allow buses to travel at 23 km/h, compared to 22 km/h for the LRT. He referenced a report that was done by the TTC.

He is adding it as an amendment to the Stintz plan. If that manages to go through, I'd be ecstatic.

Augimeri just called Mammolitti a liar in council and called him out on his nonsense with a subway on Finch

Councillor Crisanti just stated that queue jump lanes on Finch would cost $45 million, vs over $1 billion for the LRT, and would allow buses to travel at 23 km/h, compared to 22 km/h for the LRT. He referenced a report that was done by the TTC.

Finch also could also use a capacity increase just to being its operating budget down a notch or two (Artic buses would do that). Either way, it isn't $45M vs $1B. One of those numbers includes 30 years worth of rolling stock and the other doesn't. Might be $100M vs $1B.

My personal preference is to take $1B and add jumpqueue lanes to all routes that currently have a 5 minute or better headway at any time in the day. Give GO $7B to a) fully integrate fares with TTC at TTC rates within Toronto and b) electrify the entire GO train system at 5 minute frequencies.

He is adding it as an amendment to the Stintz plan. If that manages to go through, I'd be ecstatic.
I guess that also saved the cost of building another carhouse for the Finch LRT vehicles.

So what was Stintz' motion for the Sheppard LRT? I recall a committee to study the options for Sheppard east and report back?

My God. Thompson and Minnan-Wong appear to have voted for the Stintz plan.

Moeser and Lindsay-Luby were absent. Had they been present, would have been 28-17.

Back