News   May 02, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 269     0 

Transformation AGO (5s, Gehry) COMPLETE

2399349363_b6fea84172_o.jpg

1) Middle row, second from the left
2) 2nd row from bottom, 6 right of the crane

That plot is ripe for development and OCAD has been seeing some huge growth. I have no doubt that they'll put something larger there than the current building soon enough.

Gehry's already doing the AGO. Might as well go for some red titanium turning torso sweetness :D

Gehry seems to like doing academic buildings, shouldn't be too hard to convince him to adapt one of his designs (i.e. the one I mentioned) and plop it right there.

... I mean, if you wanna go all nutcase on the corner, it's an art school Gehry, please do... please do:

GehryFMITvillage6.jpg

Something like that would be terrific on that corner. Not sure AGO and OCAD would want something detracting from their buildings though.

Something like that would be terrific on that corner. Not sure AGO and OCAD would want something detracting from their buildings though.

I don't know about AGO, but OCAD owns that building. Making something unique there would only add to their growing reputation for interesting architecture.

That frightfully official-looking blue reminds me of the Bill Davis Big Blue Machine governments of the '70s and '80s.

In that last shot, I really like the juxtaposition of the wave-like facade of the AGO against the sharp corners of OCAD, the AGO box and the Uno Pri (I think) apartment building behind it.

This will look incredible when done.

Back