Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

constructo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Copper Branch, in the food court has left the building. They were open a couple of days ago and today it's a completely empty unit. Every piece of equipment is gone. Who's next?

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
NOT THE BEES...

...jk! I'm sure they're just lovely. :)

Jackrogers

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow the restaurants are getting crushed here, as they are everywhere. Any idea what type of penalties they would be paying to get out of these leases early? Or are they doing a “midnight run”?

BucketOfBolts

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that Sheppard Centre has started replacing some of the manual external door opening buttons (silver metal rectangle) with contactless sensor models that you wave your hand in front of. Noticed this first on the southwest doors next to the subway station elevator/entrance. No doubt a good idea in the pandemic, but surprised it took that for this newer technology to be used.

sunnyraytoronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that Sheppard Centre has started replacing some of the manual external door opening buttons (silver metal rectangle) with contactless sensor models that you wave your hand in front of. Noticed this first on the southwest doors next to the subway station elevator/entrance. No doubt a good idea in the pandemic, but surprised it took that for this newer technology to be used.

In many cases building management are replacing the old metal push buttons with contactless buttons as a cost saving measure. Those old metal push buttons routinely get damaged as people are now kneeing and kicking them - applying much more force than they were originally designed for,... thus requiring constant repair and replacement.