Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Copper Branch, in the food court has left the building. They were open a couple of days ago and today it's a completely empty unit. Every piece of equipment is gone. Who's next?

NOT THE BEES...

...jk! I'm sure they're just lovely. :)

Wow the restaurants are getting crushed here, as they are everywhere. Any idea what type of penalties they would be paying to get out of these leases early? Or are they doing a “midnight run”?

I noticed the other day that Sheppard Centre has started replacing some of the manual external door opening buttons (silver metal rectangle) with contactless sensor models that you wave your hand in front of. Noticed this first on the southwest doors next to the subway station elevator/entrance. No doubt a good idea in the pandemic, but surprised it took that for this newer technology to be used.

I noticed the other day that Sheppard Centre has started replacing some of the manual external door opening buttons (silver metal rectangle) with contactless sensor models that you wave your hand in front of. Noticed this first on the southwest doors next to the subway station elevator/entrance. No doubt a good idea in the pandemic, but surprised it took that for this newer technology to be used.

In many cases building management are replacing the old metal push buttons with contactless buttons as a cost saving measure. Those old metal push buttons routinely get damaged as people are now kneeing and kicking them - applying much more force than they were originally designed for,... thus requiring constant repair and replacement.

The latest victim of Covid is Tacorrito. Just before they closed, I asked the sole server at 6 PM what his sales were like and he said "$100. for the whole day." Didn't even cover his wages. The Sheppard Centre is a ghost town.

The latest victim of Covid is Tacorrito. Just before they closed, I asked the sole server at 6 PM what his sales were like and he said "$100. for the whole day." Didn't even cover his wages. The Sheppard Centre is a ghost town.
Just got back from picking something up from Longos and it's just depressing. Though I was wondering, can anyone tell me why the phone kiosks are allowed to stay open? Are telecommunications considered an essential service?

Just got back from picking something up from Longos and it's just depressing. Though I was wondering, can anyone tell me why the phone kiosks are allowed to stay open? Are telecommunications considered an essential service?
Yes. Cell phome providers are. But man...that's just depressing news all around.

IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG

New store The Shoe Company is now open where the old Dollarama used to be,...
IMG_8212.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG

IMG_8225.JPG

New signage outside Yonge-Sheppard Centre for the stalled since Jan 2019 and often delayed Cactus Club
IMG_9736.JPG

CactusClubYongeSheppardCentre.PNG

CactusClubYongeSheppardCentreA.PNG

I can almost guarantee it won't last more than a year !

Back