The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

karledice

Member Bio
Reaction score
From my perspective, it's just okay so far. On it's own, the tower does look pretty good despite the glass and the ornamental cross-bracing. However, when you add in the podium, which is the same slightly greenish glass, it becomes unrelenting and just too much to bear. This project *really* needed the podium to contrast with the tower more to avoid the perception of it being a big blob of acceptable if unimpressive glass. It is a great shame that the orange fins on the podium floors did not make it to fruition, I think they would've provided the necessary contrast.

I am hoping the classical-inspired podiums of the two westerly towers will balance out the monotony seen so far.
Those red fins on the podium are still coming I think
It's on the 2nd level of the podium which is just bare concrete now and they'll probably finish last as there's tons of construction equipment and people on the ground floor

Lachlan Holmes

Member Bio
Reaction score
Those red fins on the podium are still coming I think
It's on the 2nd level of the podium which is just bare concrete now and they'll probably finish last as there's tons of construction equipment and people on the ground floor
I was talking about the fins from earlier renderings which had them going all the way up the curtain wall podium. The fins on the second floor are a consolation prize for the grade level but I don't think they'll have an impact on improving the contrast between the podium and the tower.

(render from the database)

karledice

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was talking about the fins from earlier renderings which had them going all the way up the curtain wall podium. The fins on the second floor are a consolation prize for the grade level but I don't think they'll have an impact on improving the contrast between the podium and the tower.

(render from the database)
Oh yeah gotcha, that is my favourite design of this building!
Red to compliment the red bricks of the neighborhood

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those. Depending on how the red/rust podium element turns out, looks like the unfortunate glass choice of the top 2 podium levels will be somewhat mitigated.

The south elevation of the office phase sure seems to offer up a rather bewildering number of cladding changes (from street to tower).

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sept 6
100 photos up on site and not in order as shot from various locations with other projects between locations