Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

Dunno. I keep wondering about that myself. I mean, it looks pretty much finished and ready for traffic.
The streets (Front, Mill, Bayview) are remaining closed until they have finished the conversion to condos (from Pan-Am Village) the site is 'opened' - I heard May but ....

The sooner the better. It will make my life so much easier on the days I have to take the Bayview extension down to Lake Shore.

Some more from today.

IMG_7914.JPG
IMG_7915.JPG
IMG_7917.JPG
IMG_7918.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7914.JPG
    IMG_7914.JPG
    564.6 KB · Views: 1,780
  • IMG_7915.JPG
    IMG_7915.JPG
    417.8 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_7917.JPG
    IMG_7917.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,766
  • IMG_7918.JPG
    IMG_7918.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 1,736
The streets (Front, Mill, Bayview) are remaining closed until they have finished the conversion to condos (from Pan-Am Village) the site is 'opened' - I heard May but ....

From February Waterfront Toronto newsletter:
Signs up northern entrance to Corktown Common (beginning at the intersection of River Street and King Street and running along the eastern bank between River City and Bayview Avenue). The signs help explain that while the park looks complete, the wide variety of prairie seed that has been spread needs to be protected while it takes root and grows. The fences are scheduled to come down in June 2016. By then, the prairie will be established and you will be able to enjoy this new part of your neighbourhood park. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and ask that you kindly refrain from moving the fences and entering the area.

Anyone know anything about the metal gate that was installed adjacent to this site at the end of Bayview? Looks like a permanent fixture that's set up to quickly close the entire road to traffic.

You can see part of it in two of the photos above (with the Do Not Enter signage)

Streets can open without the city owning them, the developer just has to post a "unassumed road" sign. Happens all the time in new subdivisions.

The most likely reason is that there is no real reason to open them until construction is done and people actually start moving in, which should be the next couple of months.

Anyone know anything about the metal gate that was installed adjacent to this site at the end of Bayview? Looks like a permanent fixture that's set up to quickly close the entire road to traffic.

You can see part of it in two of the photos above (with the Do Not Enter signage)
It will be removed in late April or May when the whole site will be opened and Front, Mill and Bayview east of Cherry will all be opened to traffic and people will start moving in. The roads were (and remain) City roads so the 'unassumed road' scenario does not apply.

Streets can open without the city owning them, the developer just has to post a "unassumed road" sign. Happens all the time in new subdivisions.

The most likely reason is that there is no real reason to open them until construction is done and people actually start moving in, which should be the next couple of months.
Oh, interesting. I din't know that. I live in town and know not the ways of subdivisions.

Back