News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 846     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Bumping for great justice

Raptors defeat the Sixers in a very nailbiting way: Game 7 in the Richer-Than-You-Think Arena, both teams tied at 90 points each, a second or so remaining at the end of the final quarter for Kawhi Leonard to make the shot, him shooting right before the buzzer, the ball bouncing around the rim, and the ball entering the net.

Next stop, Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Bumping for great justice

Raptors defeat the Sixers in a very nailbiting way: Game 7 in the Richer-Than-You-Think Arena, both teams tied at 90 points each, a second or so remaining at the end of the final quarter for Kawhi Leonard to make the shot, him shooting right before the buzzer, the ball bouncing around the rim, and the ball entering the net.

Next stop, Milwaukee.
I still feel physically unwell after watching that. What a game.

It was an intense game and I can only imagine how the Philadelphia fans must've felt too. Raptors held the lead (albeit at times barely) throughout most of the game, only to have the 76ers catch up multiple times. It was a close call for the Raptors and a "what could've been" game for the 76ers. What a difficult game-winning shot from Kawhi though, damn!

So who else barely slept last night? Anybody else lose their voice?
We're in the freakin' Finals!
Capture.JPG

Reactions: PMT
They’re going to have to play much better in order to beat Golden State. Without the play of Powell and VanVleet, they could have easily lost to the Bucks.

Leonard’s jump shot also needs to be more consistent. He has no arc on his shot and ends up hitting the front of the rim, too often.

Danny Green has been an all star, however; draining threes, like there is no tomorrow.
Huh? Danny Green has been ice cold this series.
Kawhi's lack of arc and quick release is what makes his shot so hard to guard. He doesn't need to change a thing.

Edit* I'd actually love to see you try and argue the Danny Green point, because that would get hilarious fast.
Here are his stats from games 4, 5, and 6. A combined 4 points in about 55min of play and an overall -14. And what's that? 0% FROM 3 with 9 attempts
line.JPG

game4.JPG
game 5.JPG
game6.JPG

Last edited:
I was joking about Danny Green.

With respect to Leonard: no arc, means less frequent baskets. His jump shot isn’t very consistent because of his line drive technique. He could be racking up even more points, if he just elevated the ball, slightly more.
He has the highest PPG in the playoffs and you want him to change his shot now?
These bandwagon analysts are getting out of hand

We generally don’t win Game 1s. This was a very important victory. We needed to win at least one of the first two games, before heading out west. Despite Leonard and Lowry having off nights, we managed to spread around the scoring. Siakam was incredible. Danny Green finally awoke from his hibernation and made some big shots. Gasol was also great.
Lowry had mehh shooting, but to say he had an off night in general is ridiculous. If you look at his points alone, sure. But the multiple charges drawn and the dagger 3 in the 4th quarter had almost as much impact as Gasol being on fire

PP34 loved spending his day in Kensington Market and Chinatown so much that he went back the next day for more Rasta Pasta and Seven Lives. He needs to take Kawhi out with him.

Sorry, that is what I meant to say; in terms of points, he had a lousy game. On the defensive end, he was great.
I see the "nephews" have made it over here from r/nba

What does that mean?
Here you go: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/delete-this-nephew

Apparently, it originated from a Reddit post (from a subreddit dedicated to funny things African Americans say on Twitter) about an angry African American uncle telling his nephew to delete his Facebook status about not wearing seatbelts.

Its popularity spread to the NBA subreddit, as well as a meme featuring a modified card from a popular Japanese children's trading card game.

Back