781     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 665     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
What does this have to do with Raptors? Let’s keep politics out of this thread, please.
It was at the Raptors celebration. I'll post what I please

some stupid thug opens fire.
It may not have been your intention, but the word "thug" is typically used in the context of veiled racism. The etymology of the word is also racist. Basically, don't say thug.

The Raptors made it political by putting the premier, pm and mayor on stage.
Meh. Politicians showing up to these type of events is fairly standard.

It's Ford's own fault that his policies have made him unpopular. There's no sugar coating it.

I'm just sad there were no milkshakes available

I got the day off and watched it on TV, which was amazing untill the shooting happened. This could have been an horrific disaster when you got that many people in one spot and some stupid thug opens fire.

4 people shot during Raptors rally at Nathan Phillips Square

Qcodes or serial numbers are needed on ammunition to trace where they came from and who bought them. Then they have to explain have they ended up, not on a target range, but at a crime scene.

See link.

Legendary

D9E2MYyW4AAHgtQ.jpg

It may not have been your intention, but the word "thug" is typically used in the context of veiled racism. The etymology of the word is also racist. Basically, don't say thug.
Thug refers to young, male, black criminals - it's not veiled at all. If the term was good enough for Obama to use, it's good enough for anyone. And we have a problem in this city with gun violence in our young, black male population, as demonstrated by both:

Victims of Murder https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/12/17/the-90-victims-of-torontos-record-year-in-homicide.html
Accused Murderers http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/mostwanted.php.

I must admit as I stood on Lakeshore and Lower Simcoe watching the parade that I felt a very little but real tinge of worry and I made sure to keep my exits clear.

Last edited:
Well...that was fun while it lasted.
It will be an exciting rebuild year now. Good on Masai for refusing to trade Spicy P and OG.
I expect to see the aging core traded before the deadline this season, and hopefully the real fun begins by the 2020 draft

Back