News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 903     0 

Toronto PATH Retail

Whaat? Are they co-located with love hotels?

AoD

.........not really 'used' anymore, apparently..........but still marketed that way.........better? worse? Ugh, LOL

.........not really 'used' anymore, apparently..........but still marketed that way.........better? worse? Ugh, LOL

Eesh, I guess that’s why contact tracing is a thing.

AoD

Not applicable to the PATH, Yet......

I am reminded of the new thing around Pizza from vending machines.........

Anyone tried this? Three locations in the core.
I find it interesting that this automated pizza oven has more locations in Sudbury than in Toronto.

Apparently this strange phenomenon of Cake Boss vending machines has proved exceeding popular, and requires the machine's be restocked as many as 4x per day.

More machines are now en route, location TBD; and they will be stocking 2 additional varieties of this cake. (something called vanilla confetti and cookies and creme)

Would someone do me the favour of explaining why anyone is paying $8.99 for a slice cake from a vending machine?

I could not tell you. Doesn't even come with tea. I saw one at the Waterpark Place food court today and had to do a triple take. Wtf. Buddy's face on the side of it. Man, that's surely a sign of the decadent collapse of civilisation.

I think it's for sugar crackheads.....the harried masses who have given up on life and find solace in "convenient" doses of shitty carbs.

Legit, even smoking vaping is cooler than stuffing your face full of dodgy vending machine cakes.

Edit: Actually, I love smoking even though I don't anymore so I'm going to change that to compare two lame things to each other.

I could not tell you. Doesn't even come with tea. I saw one at the Waterpark Place food court today and had to do a triple take. Wtf. Buddy's face on the side of it. Man, that's surely a sign of the decadent collapse of civilisation.

I think it's for sugar crackheads.....the harried masses who have given up on life and find solace in "convenient" doses of shitty carbs.

Legit, even smoking vaping is cooler than stuffing your face full of dodgy vending machine cakes.

Edit: Actually, I love smoking even though I don't anymore so I'm going to change that to compare two lame things to each other.
You didn't really need to change it, smoking is irredeemably lame.

You didn't really need to change it, smoking is irredeemably lame.

What? No, I changed it because it isn't. Vaping, however, is.

I like smoking. I think everyone should do it in their youth. Ok, maybe not asthmatics.

Yeah, sorry, mate, we're not going to agree on this one. Not sure what smoking ever did to you, but it treated me alright for the 15 years I did. Went damn well with alcohol and caffeine as well!

Commerce Court getting Starbucks app order only/Pickup only (no seats) location Feb 4.

Starbucks has announced another Canadian first is coming early next month.

The coffee chain will be opening its first Canadian “Pickup” concept, a store that will be entirely dedicated to mobile orders.

This means Starbucks Rewards members in Toronto can head to the soon-to-be-open Commerce Court location and grab their coffee order on-the-go without any delays.

Starbucks’ new Pickup location will offer the same array of food and beverages as a regular outpost, but there will be no seating available.
It will be the first-of-its-kind in Canada and the second in the world for the brand.

Oh, when did the baby store close? I bought a bunch of stuff there not that long ago

Just curious what it's like in the path these days. I haven't been downtown for over 2 months now. Are all the stores treated like an enclosed mall and closed? How much of the food courts are open? How's the foot traffic compared to the pre-covid crowds? According to my employer I can WFH through the end of the year if desired so I imagine it's going to be much less crowded than usual for quite a while.

Just curious what it's like in the path these days. I haven't been downtown for over 2 months now. Are all the stores treated like an enclosed mall and closed? How much of the food courts are open? How's the foot traffic compared to the pre-covid crowds? According to my employer I can WFH through the end of the year if desired so I imagine it's going to be much less crowded than usual for quite a while.

I know RBC Plaza is closed to the public. They are closed off just north of the Starbucks which is currently open.

No doubt due to low staffing levels they are limiting access to essential people only. I doubt they would open the shops.

Shops have to have a street entry in order to open on Tuesday so you're not going to see much change in the Path or shopping malls.

Back