News   Apr 17, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Toronto PATH Retail

Ani, the Subway franchise owner, says he’s not going to wait forever for Bay Street’s denizens to reappear. “I’ll give the keys away,” he says. “I’m not going to pay $15,000 every month when there’s no business.”

I wonder which section of the PATH his franchise is located? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the shops in the busiest sections have even higher rent for a similar small space. I'm assuming this is a Subway with no interior seating, I don't think there's any left in the PATH that have their own seating inside the unit anymore since the one at King and York went under last year.

Last edited:
With majority of large companies and organizations already planning to keep WFH initiatives going until at least September, this is the unfortunate reality for retail in the PATH system. I don't see a rebound until 2021 at earliest, or around when a Covid vaccine is developed, along with confidence of staff returning to office in volumes that can sustain retail. By that time, I can imagine that a large portion of units will be vacant and have to gradually start new again.

Prairie Girl Bakery have closed their location at the FCP section of the PATH system, which had been open since 2011. The bakery's president provides some commentary of their experience during the pandemic:

Prairie Girl Bakery have closed their location at the FCP section of the PATH system, which had been open since 2011. The bakery's president provides some commentary of their experience during the pandemic:

Not surprising and I expect more closures to come. I'm surprised alot of those businesses have survived.

I wonder which section of the PATH his franchise is located? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the shops in the busiest sections have even higher rent for a similar small space. I'm assuming this is a Subway with no interior seating, I don't think there's any left in the PATH that have their own seating inside the unit anymore since the one at King and York went under last year.

The article refers to it as being in Brookfield Place.

deKefir, which specializes in soft serve frozen treats and smoothies, have closed their shop within the Bay-Adelaide Centre of the PATH system:

05661381-1B3B-44BF-B0D3-29941D65A9ED.jpeg

Renovation reveal at the Scotia Plaza food court. Much of it is still under construction.

Last edited:

Back