Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I don't have measurements to back this up but I think the U site is considerably larger no? And they've been battling persistent water problems which this site may not encounter.

Dec 12
6509148871_cedbecbd16_b.jpg

6509149727_53580ac0bd_b.jpg

6509151107_ab351d7fb1_b.jpg

6509151813_bbf96ea340_b.jpg

I don't have measurements to back this up but I think the U site is considerably larger no? And they've been battling persistent water problems which this site may not encounter.

To be fair, yes, just judging visually I'd say the U Condo site is larger but I can't see them having the parking levels done at One Bloor 9-12 months from now. Sites that tap into an underground river slow things down, i.e. Radio City, Murano etc.

To be fair, yes, just judging visually I'd say the U Condo site is larger but I can't see them having the parking levels done at One Bloor 9-12 months from now. Sites that tap into an underground river slow things down, i.e. Radio City, Murano etc.

When i mentioned 9-12 months, i was thinking more in regards to the Hallmark Centre development than U-Condos...with ground-breaking at the end of November 2010, and now at street level.

Thanks 3D!

In fact there are a number of interesting images in that article which haven't been seen before.

Here's another new one that Apple will never comment on: (because they never do until the hoarding for the store windows is up)

one_bloor_7_MH.jpg

It's not quite confirmation that this is where their Toronto flagship store is going, but they'd be insane not to take this spot. Back when this was a Bazis project it was mentioned in a Committee of Adjustment meeting by one of the Bazis people that Apple were going to go in, (never publicly confirmed by Apple), and this is the first time since that something has surfaced for the new design indicating that Apple decided to wait patiently for this location.

Good to see!

Unfortunately kind of boring as Apple flagships goes. Really kind of odd that Apple would let them do this though - even if this is real, it's so many years ahead of store opening that it is uncharacteristically Apple to have any sort of news leak out so blatantly.

AoD

Last edited:
True: there's no giant glass cube or tube protruding up from a pedestrian plaza, but they could hardly beat this location. (Although I would still like to see the Royal Bank bunker removed from in front of 2 Bloor E across the street, and my fantasy replacement would have been an Apple Store glass entryway down into a Hudson Bay Centre location which continued below into the area formerly taken by the Plaza Cinemas… but that's just me.)

Back