Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

IMG_5884.JPG
IMG_5885.JPG

Sorry to take this back a bit, but I just wanna get something straight. Because the city was surprised with the very nice light feature/crown on aura they dont want animated crowns on other buildings.

Does this mean buildings like CIBC square cant have animated light features either? Light features are a huge aspect of creating a lively and appealing city so I'm just a little confused on this one.

I have no info, but doubt that CIBC will have animation. But the lights already installed along every single diamond frame will work big time for me (maybe has a colour change option too?). Add in some great crown lighting and I think CIBC will be stunning at night without any animation.

Sorry to take this back a bit, but I just wanna get something straight. Because the city was surprised with the very nice light feature/crown on aura they dont want animated crowns on other buildings.

Does this mean buildings like CIBC square cant have animated light features either? Light features are a huge aspect of creating a lively and appealing city so I'm just a little confused on this one.
What's your source on the City not wanting animated light features… and how does relate to Aura? Aura's was never animated. That fact that a light feature showed up at all at the top of Aura, and how bright is was, shocked the City. IIRC, the feature was not included in Aura's SPA submission docs. Anyone have more detailed info?

Also, why did you post that question in this thread, and not the CIBC Square thread?

What's your source on the City not wanting animated light features… and how does relate to Aura? Aura's was never animated. That fact that a light feature showed up at all at the top of Aura, and how bright is was, shocked the City. IIRC, the feature was not included in Aura's SPA submission docs. Anyone have more detailed info?

Also, why did you post that question in this thread, and not the CIBC Square thread?

Sorry I should've quoted who and what I was responding to.

Totally unnecessary, but some times wish the crown lighting was animated (just a tasteful 10 second show at the top of the hour).

(duh...or is it programmable?)
It could be, but the City wouldn't allow that.
Nope, just the brightness and 'idea' of lights. The city feels it really got burned at Aura and is very touchy when it comes to lights nowadays.

I was referring to this and asking why Aura would have any bearing on other light features or them being animated.

On CIBC Square I should've just left that out of the comment.

It looks alright, the street level glass entry is the nicest part I'd say. It has some very poor reviews from residents on google though.

It looks alright, the street level glass entry is the nicest part I'd say. It has some very poor reviews from residents on google though.

Meh, all these condo complaints are the same: elevators, poor build quality, amenities not open, noise from construction...blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately, this is what it's like to live in a new condo here.

That's not a street level glass entry, that's a street level glass retail space. The entry to the condo is through the old bank.

Back