Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

That sounds like alot of damage....Does that mean more delays in occupancies?
On another note, I would have to disagree with the fact that the interior finishes were extremely cheap. I did see the unit inside and actually found the finishes to be of higher level than most condo units I have seen in Toronto and I have been to the luxury hotels and viewed a Shangri-la suite in the past. I am not saying it is all perfect but to say that they are extremely cheap would not be accurate, again in my opinion.
Ya. I'd be curious what type of construction workers they were. If they're anything to do with the actual building structure, than I don't see how they would really know if the materials used are cheap.

Builders don't usually cheap out on the finishes. They cheap out on the things we can't see like drywall, framing, labor, hvac, etc.

That's why construction drawings need to have an incredible amount of detail and specification. You need to be able to hold the contractors accountable because if you don't specify even the right type of screw, they'll use whatever is laying around. Anything hidden can be done incorrectly.

But how many people will see it from that height?

I live not too far away from the L tower and I've never even noticed the vents. Sure if you catch them with a certain light or if you've unfortunately fallen out of an airplane you might notice them - but it's really so irrelevant as to be unworthy of discussion. I think the cheap plastic look of the tower is much more of an issue personally.

Looks like there will be a row of glazing that is left open on the south elevation of the tower; the unit that was turned into a 2-storey unit has a large terrace up there and from what I can tell, there are two open storeys above the terrace, with glazing shielding the higher storey and the lower storey of the terrace remaining open (apart from a glass railing, eventually, of course).

Views from the top of the L Tower are now featured in a pair of front page stories, this one where we look east and north, and this one where we look west and south, and also where I have some fun with the GoPro. Hope your lunch has settled.

Want to go inside the top of the L Tower?

We have a mechanical levels and grand penthouse tour for you here.

Back