Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

What is the entrance from Yonge Street towards Front Street, that sticks out of the sidewalk just north of the loading area / pool part of the podium?

I can't find any plans to indicate its use but it looks like it's for residents or the Sony Centre.

What is the entrance from Yonge Street towards Front Street, that sticks out of the sidewalk just north of the loading area / pool part of the podium?

I can't find any plans to indicate its use but it looks like it's for residents or the Sony Centre.

Sorry, we haven't asked about that yet. We will try to remember next time!

Looks like are slowly taking apart the construction elevator today (even though they mentioned that it was cancelled). Just drove by and there are a lot of elevator people there today. Looks like rob is in the crane helping out.

20140726_122239.jpg

Attachments

• 20140726_122239.jpg
    20140726_122239.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,373
Yesterday:

P1410173.jpg

P1410175.jpg

Attachments

• P1410173.jpg
    P1410173.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,044
  • P1410175.jpg
    P1410175.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,026
Looks like they've finished off most of the large penthouse terrace/balcony on the south elevation. And let's just say that a client's money talks. They've made no attempt to integrate the balcony into the rest of the exterior motif. There were a few ways they could have easily integrated it but they chose to do no such thing.

This front page story from last week includes a shot from behind said terrace/balcony, as well as a quick video which also shows what it looks like from the inside for the moment.

what is the thing in Wolf's picture?

That is the center bar that supports the two construction elevators (hoist). From the next picture after that you can see that it has been ~1/2 removed. The rest goes early august.

Looks like they've finished off most of the large penthouse terrace/balcony on the south elevation. And let's just say that a client's money talks. They've made no attempt to integrate the balcony into the rest of the exterior motif. There were a few ways they could have easily integrated it but they chose to do no such thing.

When you first mentioned it, I thought the terrace was in-set (which wouldn't have been terrible) but upon seeing that it's actually a protruding balcony, I agree. It really ruins the tower's aesthetic:

14576139445_4ce15b920c_b.jpg

By: drum118 on Flickr

When you first mentioned it, I thought the terrace was in-set (which wouldn't have been terrible) but upon seeing that it's actually a protruding balcony, I agree. It really ruins the tower's aesthetic:

This once beautiful design has been butchered. First they chopped off the boot, then the ugly ventilation at the top, then the even uglier pipes added to the top, now it's going to have a single protruding balcony sticking off the back!?

Back