Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Looking good

8259206808_f35442c83b_k.jpg

This is now on google earth, if anybody wants to check it out!. it looks around 195m tall in the model though, rather unfortunate.

This is now on google earth, if anybody wants to check it out!. it looks around 195m tall in the model though, rather unfortunate.

Thank you for letting us know, Google Earth is fun. I had to check this out and compare a picture I took on the weekend with the Google Earth view from the same vantage point. To me the proportions of the L Tower look about right. Not to be overly critical, but when zooming in the Google Earth model seems to be missing a few meters as innsertnamehere points out. At the roof top of the L Tower Google Earth reports 275m above sea level versus 80m it reports at street level. This makes it only 195m as already mentioned by innsertnamehere. At Emporis the height of the L Tower is listed as 205m, at Wikipedia it is 202m.

8264609609_0dd8853d1c_o.jpg

Some buildings are still missing on Google Earth. Maple Leaf Square and ICE for example.

Last edited:

Pretty cool. Thanks.

7FOfM.jpg

Its all user submitted, and somebody submitted a model of this so it got accepted. Wyliepoons model of MLS was on there for a while, but then mysteriously got removed 6 months ago or so..

I also downloaded the model into sketchup and checked the height, it is indeed 196m tall in the model.

Last edited:
Its all user submitted, and somebody submitted a model of this so it got accepted. Wyliepoons model of MLS was on there for a while, but then mysteriously got removed 6 months ago or so..

I also downloaded the model into sketchup and checked the height, it is indeed 196m tall in the model.

It should be 205m. I remembered an old posting of sammo at SkyscraperCity. It shows a part of one of the construction drawings.

8156490755_cab96b0c11_o.jpg

I realize that it should be 205m, but I guess "3D Condo Explorer" (the person who made the model" didn't pay too much attention to that.

Razz, your view rules. Great pictures.

Agreed as well Skyjacked, these shots truly are "epic" and the term would not be misused I don't believe. I have borrowed one of your pics to post on facebook under your name if its ok (?)...I know my friends won't appreciate it as much as we all do, but it has to be shown regardless.

Yes you can repost on Facebook, of course. I am pleased that you appreciate the photos.

Thanks you to everyone for appreciating them.

The concrete was done today, I have an update.

2889.jpg

Last shot from Friday.

2947.jpg

Priming the concrete pump with concrete slurry this morning.

2885.jpg

Placing concrete in the deepest place, 1800 mm.

3034.jpg

180 metres later, roughly 70 to go.

1112.jpg

One for the road from Scott Street

Last edited:
Razz, your view rules. Great pictures.

I second that. Besides the view it's the brilliance of your pictures Razz that always impresses me. I hope you had a chance to take some more pictures again this beautiful morning.

Back