Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Should be on the ICE thread I know. I couldn't resist, sorry.

I completely disagree. All your pictures taken from the L Tower in whatever direction you are pointing your camera at belong here in this thread. We want to see them. That's why we are checking in on on this thread to see what you have posted next. If you would distribute your pictures over multiple threads I wouldn't know where to look.

The truth is I don’t have time to hunt down all the threads for jobs I can see. Since I added the Canon SX40, I have some neat stuff like this I can show you but you won’t see it If I don’t post it here.

1233.jpg

While I think of it, here’s another ICE pic that is different, I may as well slide it into the same post.

IMG_1339.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you SkyJacked and Udo for your nice words. I'm just fortunate to have a great view from my abode, and the camera does the rest.

SkyJacked: The last picture you posted with the sun breaking through the clouds is surreal. That's a keeper!

We are so lucky to have you as a member of this site, thank you for the wonderful shots, not one of which would the rest of us be able to get, talk about a birds eye view!

There are rules about posting photos relevant to the thread titles for a reason.

Each project has its own thread so that people can find photos and information about what they are looking for easily. We can't suddenly have the 88 Scott thread and the Berczy thread and the L Tower plus everything you can see from the L Tower thread… without extending that license to every thread. It's one of those "all hell breaks loose" kind of things. If we let it happen in one place, we have to let it happen everywhere, and then there is no longer any point to having separate threads.

The rule, in UrbanToronto's Rules of Conduct is quite clear:
- Stay on topic. Read the thread subject and previous postings carefully before replying to a topic. There is some room to move around in a thread but keep it to a minimum. We want to have a forum that provides knowledge to its members rather than a soapbox for people who just want to add to their post counts. We will warn you if we think you’re posting too often about nothing. Don’t take it personally. We just want the content to stay strong.

It's all there, it's nothing personal. Please stick to it. It is already more than enough work to keep things running at least semi-smoothly here without now having to cope with the disintegration of that simple rule.

Thanks!

There are two outcomes possible:
- he stops posting off-topic pictures
- he starts tracking down every thread and posts it there.

I really doubt it'll be the latter.

Skyjacked, do you have a public Flickr or Photobucket page?

Last edited:
Well, we do have a "City Photos & Videos" subforum. He could always start a thread there of "Skyjacked's Toronto" and put everything in that, similar to what androiduk and others have done.

Well, we do have a "City Photos & Videos" subforum. He could always start a thread there of "Skyjacked's Toronto" and put everything in that, similar to what androiduk and others have done.

Good idea, Skyjacked's photos are among the best we have (sorry, no offence to anyone), I'd definitely go to the sub forum to look at his photos. I've shared a few with my American counterparts, they're always so impressed with his shots. To go back on topic for a moments, the L Tower is a stunning tower to photograph. As it stands alone, it's easy to get shots from all angles, as the cladding rises though, I have to say, it's much darker then in the proposal pics, but that's fine. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I'm in love with the cladding. The darker background really highlight the white vertical lines, this will indeed be a defining member of our skyline.

Really gorgeous!

Seriously Razz, how do you ever get anything done? You can't be watching much television with that view.

I don’t mean to go on about it, clearly its envy. :)

Last edited:
hey skyjacked do you have any info on when the cladding is expected to be finished? I previously guessed February but at the current rate it seems it might be more like June.

Back