Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

L-Tower

Just to clarify my last posting. I was not saying that L-Tower is the first building that's being built properly. I simply stated that many new condos have gone up to quickly with too many deficiencies. My father was in construction and was a perfectionist. I am fascinated by all the construction in Toronto and watched many being built. I also bought sevral of them. I was not a member of this forum in my previous experiences. There are good buildings and there are bad buildings. The condo act and the building code needs to be updated. I remain optimistic that things will continue to improve.

Surely you're being facetious, right? I think that's giving 33 Yonge too much credit; to be honest, it looks like it wasn't designed with anything in mind.

No, it was designed to do what it does, it didn't just happen. There was a decision not to go tall with it, just as there was a decision to build Royal Bank Plaza as two towers rather than one tall tower, for instance. How 33 Yonge's angled north and south walls extend the perspective lines of the flatiron, and the dynamic space between 33 Yonge and the flatiron, all form part of how the the building is read from the east. The construction of BCE Place ( as it was once called ) only added to how well it mitigates between the flatiron and the tall office towers.

P1140156.jpg

P1140334.jpg

P1140221.jpg

P1140149.jpg

LTowerSmall.jpg

LTowerSmall2.jpg

Last edited:
At the risk of posting a boring entry in a forum filled within awesome pictures and commentary, for those interested, the word on the street is that interim occupancy should begin in early 2014 (or possibly late 2013) for the lower floors of this project. However, as you all may know, this could change.

Thanks AoD, I don't get home very often. Since I was up this past weekend, and was able to snap a few pics I thought I'd contribute.

awesome pics across the board Waldo!

this buildings getting trippy... especially since it appears like the change in angle is so sudden, when in reality, if you look at the slabs, it's very gradual... cladding why u so slow?

It might not turn out to the be the best, most esteemed, or the highest quality building of the boom(though I'll be up there, imo).
But I do think it'll be by far the most photographed.

East Side Cladding

They finally started with installing the window wall on the east side:

7609599984_e710ab67fc_c.jpg

The Curve

The curve is shaping up nicely. They are also getting closer to the top and they have now completed 51 floors, if I counted correctly. Note that the corner columns change angle again on the 49th floor:

7609600750_0ec1170236_z.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots udo!!! Such an exciting project. Really impatient to see it top out, but it looks like we aren't going to have to wait long.

Back