Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Today:

NEOX6.jpg

I know that obviously the developers know what they're doing, but I'm amazed that the angle of that top load-bearing pillar provides enough structural integrity not only for that floor but any more floors above it.

Taken on Saturday evening from the Vü condo building on Jarvis and Adelaide:

7640456104_4d8349d754_b.jpg

Great photo! I had no idea that the glass would appear so dark relative to the more typical blue and green tones we see at MLS and Pinnacle Centre in the background. It's somewhat of a relief to know that it will stand out rather than blend in. I also didn't expect those vertical white stripes to be as clearly apparent from a distance as they are. They should really help to highlight the curves on the north side.

I was unsure for a while, but now feel quite safe in declaring that this one will indeed be a Toronto icon, in the true sense of the word.

Bruvyman:

The loudest naysayer was banned for an unrelated offense - though the repeated trolling about the unsubstantiated claim of "cheap cladding" in this case certainly garnered attention.

AoD

I know that obviously the developers know what they're doing, but I'm amazed that the angle of that top load-bearing pillar provides enough structural integrity not only for that floor but any more floors above it.

True, engineers don't get enough credit sometimes for turning an architect's vision into reality. If you notice on sMT's photo you reposted, the concrete slab is thicker for the two floors where the angle of the pillars change to help transfer the load more.

7586873662_26d88d8579_b.jpg

If you haven't seen it in person you should make the trip. Looks stunning.

I saw it few weeks ago. I was taking pics (and video) on The Esplanade and police officer came and asked that am i going to buying a apartment. Sure i am:p

I was interested how they handle the concrete lifting and he was very kindly and explained to the bumping station there.

Jari Ylamaki
HELSINKI, Fin
www.jariylamaki.com

Haven't heard much lately from the legions of forum members who hate this cladding. Where y'all hiding these days?

Yeah, it seems like just yesterday that everyone on UT was predicting disaster. Didn't you guys all hate that light blue trim? So where have all the haters gone? I liked the light blue trim because it was different from the usual grey, we see on almost all new buildings. I think this building will stand out because of the blue and really make a statement. That's exactly what our skyline needs. The dark glass is also nice.

Udo did a similar shot a while back, but there has been a lot more progress since then.

Merged an elevation sketch with a photo I took yesterday.
Here is how the curve will pan out on the last few floors + mech:

VedUT.jpg

61cjX.jpg

Last edited:

Back