Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

What you should do instead of "attaching" the images to your post, is to upload them first to a photosharing service like flickr or photobucket and then use the "Insert Image" function with the URL addresses of your uploaded pictures.

This is what I just did with this photo I took earlier today when landing at the Toronto Island airport. It's not as sharp as I would have liked it to be, but it was quite foggy and I had to zoom in quite a bit to get somewhat close to the L-Tower.

7363410414_12149a04d6_b.jpg

what a stunning photo - look at the density. I moved here in 1989 and have things ever changed for us! thanks for sharing it!

Actually its funny, in that picture, honestly not **THAT** much has changed since the 1990s ... okay you need to block out the left and right side and focus on the central part. All you have is trump, one king and a couple towers on the harbourfront.

Most of the development has taken place to the east west of the core (some to the north as well but closer to Bloor).

Actually its funny, in that picture, honestly not **THAT** much has changed since the 1990s ... okay you need to block out the left and right side and focus on the central part. All you have is trump, one king and a couple towers on the harbourfront.

Most of the development has taken place to the east west of the core (some to the north as well but closer to Bloor).

i'm noticing more of the 'fill'... eg., pinnacle, MLS, etc...and don;t forget shangrila!

i'm noticing more of the 'fill'... eg., pinnacle, MLS, etc...and don;t forget shangrila!

Yep, but that's not much given the 20 years and the context (i.e. Toronto, condo city) :)

The classic straight on post card view that is (when you crop out the west side i.e. all the new city place developments and the like).

what a stunning photo - look at the density. I moved here in 1989 and have things ever changed for us! thanks for sharing it!

Definitely a no excuses photo, Lovarkitec. One of the more interesting shots of the skyline that I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

Most buildings have vertical windows, not angled inwards. Unless you have a way to defy gravity, hanging from a cable on the north wall will not provide access to the windows on the lower floors of the tower's north side.

Ankor Engineering Systems is the Toronto firm working on the solution to the problem. They responded to my inquiry as follows:

"We have been working on a special solution for this project. The system is still in a design stage but our concept is to have the swing stage "hug" the exterior wall via guide rails. Unfortunately I am not able to disclose our design technique at this time."

They also promised to share some sketches of their design with us as things progress.

What you should do instead of "attaching" the images to your post, is to upload them first to a photosharing service like flickr or photobucket and then use the "Insert Image" function with the URL addresses of your uploaded pictures.

This is what I just did with this photo I took earlier today when landing at the Toronto Island airport. It's not as sharp as I would have liked it to be, but it was quite foggy and I had to zoom in quite a bit to get somewhat close to the L-Tower.

7363410414_12149a04d6_b.jpg

THANK YOU. I will have to do that in the future.

Wow.... Amazing photo...

Nice shot, UD! Hard to believe the glazing looks so much better than earlier...

Nice shot, UD! Hard to believe the glazing looks so much better than earlier...

This building will be a success. I've loved and hated it so many times, back and forth, but I'm finally at peace.

The blue will be a nice touch on the skyline. We've now got major skyscrapers that are blue, red (Scotia), white (FCP), black (TD), silver (Commerce), gold (RBC). Not to mention all the green condos around town, but I hate those.

Back