Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

they are on the 46th floor according to the website :) 12s+mech left to go. The floors will be getting progressively smaller so this should be topped out very soon.

ljun19.jpg

they are on the 46th floor according to the website :) 12s+mech left to go. The floors will be getting progressively smaller so this should be topped out very soon.

That's going to be a very dramatic curve to bring the north and south sides together in just 12 stories...

That's going to be a very dramatic curve to bring the north and south sides together in just 12 stories...

The mech levels that form the peak are several floors tall themselves, so height wise I'm guessing it's equivalent to 15 or so stories. Still, it will definitely be dramatic.

Wow all that construction has to give a terrible first impression to anyone coming to the city by train.

Quite the contrary: I think all the construction surrounding the rail corridor gives passengers the privilege of passing through the heart of our construction boom and witnessing the amazing transformation Toronto is undergoing.

After the ROM fiasco, I had no faith in this architect. But I can't see anything not to like about this building.

Together with the Ritz, we're going to have two great bookends for the Front St. corridor. It's kinda too bad that the two best towers downtown are by out-of-town starchitects instead of local talent, but I guess that's why they are stars.

After the ROM fiasco, I had no faith in this architect. But I can't see anything not to like about this building.

Together with the Ritz, we're going to have two great bookends for the Front St. corridor. It's kinda too bad that the two best towers downtown are by out-of-town starchitects instead of local talent, but I guess that's why they are stars.

ROM fiasco? what happend? missed something there. if your referring to the unique architecture then sadly boxes are what the city will end up with rather then variety and shape. how can one who appreciates architecture say they like L tower And not ROM. Sorry guys I just don't get that. Rom is beautiful. and nothing else like it in Toronto. L, Ritz, trump, ROM, and soon enough aura will add so much more interest to the eye. as a pedestrians view and even driving into the city. or by go train. rom does seem to have little space inside now. but oh we'll. they can always expand or add to that design easily in the future. it could have been bigger I think.
guys it's just my opinion so please don't harp on me to much.

The only thing wrong with the ROM is the mismatched cladding. Other than that, I think it's fantastic! This L Tower will only add to Toronto's architectural delights. All these distinctive buildings only make Toronto a more exciting city to explore.

The ROM is indeed not a box, but that doesn't mean it's good architecture. Nor is it very functional for it's intended use. Curators had to spend a fortune on climate controlled cases because the conditions of the building itself were impossible to control due to the wacky useless interconnected spaces. The ROM does almost none of the things that a gallery is supposed to do. It also displaced one of the few semi-monumentally scaled squares in the city.

Back