Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I happen to think its a beautiful ding-dong of a tower.

So there.
Me as well... As more of the cladding does up, and less of the bright-blue moisture sealant (Tivar?) lining catches your eye, the more impressive it looks... It's going to be a beautiful tower...

Are those pillars in the last photo update supposed to be that angled? It just looks freaky, like someone drunk put them up.

It's looking really promising now ... now sort of sad that the "boot" didn't survive. It would have put it over the top.

L-Tower west view from Union Station in Toronto

L-west.jpg

L-Tower will be amazing when it's done. Well worth the wait.

Attachments

• L-west.jpg
    L-west.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
wow those are great pictures. this is a beauty.

Thanks. Any idea why my pictures do not show up in full view as in other posts?

L-north.jpg
You can see the pattern that will continue to go up the north wall which is very similar to the original rendering that I fell in love with. How many condo buildings actually end up looking like the rendering? The boot was lost because the city backed out of the Arts Lab, not because the developer changed their mind. I think the new design is even better. They kept the breathtaking shape and brilliant cutting edge style of the rest of the building. I just don't know how they are going to clean the windows on the north wall. That will be a thread on it's own when the time comes :D

L_east.jpg

L-south.jpg
L-south.jpg
taken June 9th 2012

Attachments

• L-north.jpg
    L-north.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 543
  • L_east.jpg
    L_east.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 400
  • L-south.jpg
    L-south.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
View attachment 9014 You can see the pattern that will continue to go up the north wall which is very similar to the original rendering that I fell in love with. How many condo buildings actually end up looking like the rendering? The boot was lost because the city backed out of the Arts Lab, not because the developer changed their mind. I think the new design is even better. They kept the breathtaking shape and brilliant cutting edge style of the rest of the building. I just don't know how they are going to clean the windows on the north wall. That will be a thread on it's own when the time comes :D

I doubt cleaning these windows will be any different than any other condo. Its usually just a person hanging from a cable from the rooftop.

Most buildings have vertical windows, not angled inwards. Unless you have a way to defy gravity, hanging from a cable on the north wall will not provide access to the windows on the lower floors of the tower's north side.

Porter

Any idea why my pictures do not show up in full view as in other posts?

What you should do instead of "attaching" the images to your post, is to upload them first to a photosharing service like flickr or photobucket and then use the "Insert Image" function with the URL addresses of your uploaded pictures.

This is what I just did with this photo I took earlier today when landing at the Toronto Island airport. It's not as sharp as I would have liked it to be, but it was quite foggy and I had to zoom in quite a bit to get somewhat close to the L-Tower.

7363410414_12149a04d6_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back