Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

This is why I feel the Bloor-Danforth line should be extended directly into CCTT some day. The one station would be centralized to several major trip-generators closer to DOY (Living Art Ctr, City Hall, Central Library, Square One, Playdium, condos). By doing so, there is less pressure on Huronatio LRT to have to veer very far off its namesake.

There is already no pressure now. So no point in a subway to CCTT.

Cities want input on transit
By: Radhika Panjwani
rpanjwani@mississauga.net

June 5, 2009 12:13 PM -
The cities of Mississauga and Brampton are hosting public information sessions to seek input from residents on a proposed rapid transit project along the Hurontario St./Main St. corridor.

The Mississauga meeting takes place next Wednesday (June 10) at the Civic Centre from 5-9 p.m., while the Brampton session is slated for June 17 at Brampton City Hall.

Up for discussion is a proposal to introduce rapid transit along Hurontario and Main Sts., between Port Credit and downtown Brampton.

The study will focus on rapid transit, land use and urban design and is one of 15 priority projects identified by the Metrolinx Regional Transportation Plan.

The Hurontario/Main Sts. study team presented a report to both Mississauga and Brampton councils in March. The report is an important first step in the overall study as it defines a vision that will help the cities plan the strategic direction of the entire corridor.

A final plan, including recommendations, is expected by the end of this year.

For more information, visit www.hurontario-main.ca

Source

Brampton to say no to LRT

I went, great turn out right from the beginning with people filling the great hall.

Big plans proposed for Mississauga - gone are 2 middle lanes of traffic up Hurontario from the QEW to the northern city limits and replaced with a fully seperated LRT line with a downtown detour route.

Rumour also has it that the city of Brampton is opposed to building an LRT within its own city limits and instead wants focus on its BRT - Acceleride program. That would be quite a shame.

If that was the case, Mississauga would surely go it alone and the the LRT would stop at either the 407 transit station or for the sakes of riders hopefully Shoppers World.

http://www.hurontario-main.ca/

Louroz

Consider the source, a rumour. And of course this this is Future Mayor saying this.* I'll go to the Brampton session next week and see for myself. I know BT has been pushing the single-seat ride and had told me that they would not dump people at the 407 or Highway 50.

*(I hope he takes it with the touch of jest)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend either. If Brampton wants to go it alone, so be it. It'll be the Bramptonians who suffer. As long as Mississauga gets it's Hurontario LRT I'll be happy.

... Rumour also has it that the city of Brampton is opposed to building an LRT within its own city limits and instead wants focus on its BRT - Acceleride program. That would be quite a shame.

If that was the case, Mississauga would surely go it alone and the the LRT would stop at either the 407 transit station or for the sakes of riders hopefully Shoppers World.

I hope this turns out to be unfounded rumour. If there's one thing that should be understood by now, it's that transit riders think in terms of moving from A to B (home to work, etc). They don't think in terms of where municipal boundary lines happen to be. It's already unfortunate IMO that you can't get from downtown Miss. to downtown Brampton in one ride.

I could not go to this meeting in Mississauga. Will try to attend the Brampton meeting and see what's what.

Last edited:
When you consider that the way transit capital projects are funded in the GTHA today, the upgrade from Brampton's fully funded BRT to a new LRT line is effectively free in the eyes of Brampton's treasury. Yes they will be bitter that they worked so hard only to have the project changed, but I don't see them sticking to their original plan out of spite. I'm voting for unfounded rumour. Even if it is true, we do have a Metrolinx to "untrue" it.

Both Brampton and Mississauga would suffer.

Honestly, if Brampton doesn't want it, then it's there fault. I'd say a lot more Bramptonians come to Mississauga than vice versa, so it'll be Brampton who suffers more for their shortsightedness.

Honestly, if Brampton doesn't want it, then it's there fault. I'd say a lot more Bramptonians come to Mississauga than vice versa, so it'll be Brampton who suffers more for their shortsightedness.

I know it's their fault, never said otherwise, but it would be bad for both cities. A lot of people in Mississauga work or go to school in Brampton too.

Back