Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

If that's all they are doing to veer it off, I don't think it will impact travel times much - it all looks quite linear, and get's the LRT a lot closer to everything.

People are used to seeing simplified straight lines on a transit map, but there are many transit systems that have lots of turns and diversions

Last edited:
If that's all they are doing to veer it off, I don't think it will impact travel times much - it all looks quite linear, and get's the LRT a lot closer to everything.

The current 19's buses spend 15-18 minutes going into and out of Sq One.

The plan along Burnhamthorpe will add 15 minutes or more.

Personal experience leads me to disagree. Boarding start to drop off north of Eglinton, but buses remain full. It's not uncommon for southbound buses to leave Shoppers World doors closed.

Those are very rare throughout the day. Depending on the time of day, ridership numbers are all over the place from 3 to 60.

Ridership falls of at Eglinton for the 19A, but remains high for 19 to a point as well time of day. Ridership pickup at Britannia and Derry.

The downtown Mississauga plan for the Hurontario LRT:

Downtown%2021%20Transit%20Plan.jpg

Disappointing that they want the LRT to veer off of Hurontario.

I have no problem with City Centre line as it will service the new terminal in the north-east corner of Sq One that is badly needed now.

I have no problem splitting the service so long the max head way is 10 minutes going north.

The problem I see with Burnhamthorpe, what happens to the 26 and it's current routing??

It is not Burnhamthorpe that will be the problem, the problem will be Rathburn. A diversion LRT on Rathburn connecting to the current bus terminal is just not feasible. There are just too many buses on Rathburn that have to enter the terminal, and an LRT would cause major interference. And this is not even counting the future transitway services which would also use Rathburn. An LRT on Rathburn is just madness.

Another problem is that current terminal is overcrowded. Ridership is too high and will continue to grow, and MCC is too large and spread out, so a single terminal makes no sense. It is time for MT adopt a more grid-like system and build a second terminal anyways, so a detour is not even needed. As I said before, all the bus routes will still connect to the LRT even without a detour of the LRT. The LRT only needs three stops in MCC: Burnhamthorpe, Robert Speck, and Rathburn.

Actually I think the detour onto City Centre is a really good idea. It is better for the second terminal, easier for pedestrians to access the LRT station at Rathburn, and allows the LRT to avoid the congested 403 interchange.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's two routes, or not, as the diagram does not really show if that is the case. For example, does it only loop around southbound? Is it an entirely separate loop route that just simply goes in circles to feed people to the terminal? Who really knows with that diagram...

I don't know if it's two routes, or not, as the diagram does not really show if that is the case. For example, does it only loop around southbound? Is it an entirely separate loop route that just simply goes in circles to feed people to the terminal? Who really knows with that diagram...

If you would kindly share with us where you got that diagram then maybe we could find out more information or who to contact to find out.

That City Centre diversion is perfect. Gets it closer to the mall and the BRT station without going way out of the way.

The BRT buses can stop at City Centre Drive also, so there can be two BRT stops. In fact, the original BRT plans called for a stop between Hurontario and City Centre Dr.

That City Centre diversion is perfect. Gets it closer to the mall and the BRT station without going way out of the way. Going all the way to Rathburn/DoY is crazyland.

This is why I feel the Bloor-Danforth line should be extended directly into CCTT some day. The one station would be centralized to several major trip-generators closer to DOY (Living Art Ctr, City Hall, Central Library, Square One, Playdium, condos). By doing so, there is less pressure on Huronatio LRT to have to veer very far off its namesake in order to facilitate a transfer point as a direct LRT-to-HRT interchange would be possible farther south, most likely at Cooksville GO transforming it into a major transit hub (bus + LRT + subway + commuter rail/REX).

Back