Toronto Glasshouse Lofts | ?m | 12s | Glass House Development | Karl Fischer

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
hmmm ... the service centre building looks vacant in those pics

I watched this happen on Saturday afternoon! I was right at the intersection and heard a loud pouring noise and a bunch of guys yelling. I looked back at the construction site to see one of those concrete carrier things tipped over the top of the building (I guess misplaced by the crane) and a ton (literally) of concrete running down the side of the buliding and onto that car. It was pretty crazy to see. Luckily nobody was on the ground or we may have had some medusas to add to the Pride festivities.

I watched this happen on Saturday afternoon! I was right at the intersection and heard a loud pouring noise and a bunch of guys yelling. I looked back at the construction site to see one of those concrete carrier things tipped over the top of the building (I guess misplaced by the crane) and a ton (literally) of concrete running down the side of the buliding and onto that car. It was pretty crazy to see. Luckily nobody was on the ground or we may have had some medusas to add to the Pride festivities.

Anyone see the Honda Pilot commercials ???
Watch it and you'll know what I mean and have a chuckle. :)

gh1.jpg
gh2.jpg
gh3.jpg

Interesting that the tower crane for this project is "off-site" (unless I'm missing something...?)

DSCN3411.jpg

gh1.jpg
gh2.jpg
gh3.jpg

Interesting that the tower crane for this project is "off-site" (unless I'm missing something...?)

DSCN3411.jpg

The crane is directly to the south of it. Its part of the same project. That's where access to the parking garage from Richmond is.

I looked back at the construction site to see ... a ton (literally) of concrete running down the side of the buliding and onto that car.

a tonne of concrete? that's about 0.5 cubic meters of the stuff. i saw the vehicle yesterday; there's neither massive body deformation nor broken glass.

10 October 2008 photo update:

Driving by today, I noticed Glasshouse's glass looking good, in a "typical Clewesian way." It will be interesting to see what the next Clewes look will be, aka, if he gets another chance in the next real estate cycle. Perhaps some good old-fashioned red brick?

DSC00407.jpg

Driving by today, I noticed Glasshouse's glass looking good, in a "typical Clewesian way." It will be interesting to see what the next Clewes look will be, aka, if he gets another chance in the next real estate cycle. Perhaps some good old-fashioned red brick?

Nice photo updates UD. I don't think Glasshouse was done by Clewes, unless their website is mistaken ... New York architect Karl Fischer.

Back