News   Apr 22, 2024
 792     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 673     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Toys Toys Toys on Level 1, which was announced as being re-opened, seems to be packing up all their inventory and closing up shop.

I told a friend that Pusateri’s in HBC had reopened based on a pic I snapped at the end of June. She found it still closed and a September reopening date listed.
A47916E8-29E4-40B1-BF45-F083AC620B2C.jpeg

Toys Toys Toys on Level 1, which was announced as being re-opened, seems to be packing up all their inventory and closing up shop.

That's unfortunate. I always found good gifts there.

I'll also admit there's some nostalgia associated with walking into a toy store that Amazon just can't replicate.

Last edited:
As does Canadian Tire and Hudsons Bay - but I see the nostalgia @syn is referring to. Nothing like walking into a store entirely dedicated to toys. It's not the same at any of the other retailers who also happen to carry toys.

It's funny, but even as a kid, I never really enjoyed Toys R Us ........or .....what was the other one called? Toy City?

But the toy department of The Bay, at Christmas time; or Eatons............that was magic!

On the other hand...........the model train store on Mt. Pleasant.........

It's funny, but even as a kid, I never really enjoyed Toys R Us ........or .....what was the other one called? Toy City?

But the toy department of The Bay, at Christmas time; or Eatons............that was magic!

On the other hand...........the model train store on Mt. Pleasant.........

That's because The Bay, Eaton's, and Simpson's actually put effort into building amazing toy displays that fired a child's imagination!

Toys R Us and Toy City were just boring warehouses. F for effort.

Back