News   Apr 17, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 286     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

In 2006 I went to Yorkdale on Boxing Day. If someone screamed fire there would have been more than a few fatalities from the ensuing stampede.

It can't be nearly as fun as trying to find a parking space. Anyhow, I really wish I can say something good about the Eaton Centre Christmas decoration - but I can't.

Yorkdale is always a no-go zone on weekends....

True, though Christmas shopping season weekend is a whole new level of hurt.

AoD

It can't be nearly as fun as trying to find a parking space. Anyhow, I really wish I can say something good about the Eaton Centre Christmas decoration - but I can't.

AoD

It has not been good for many years. It has gone from tasteful to tacky since they first introduced their oversized tree.

I am glad they went away from the "christmas tree" that they had the past few years.

That bizarre white neon-esque pseudo "tree" they had for a few years was the WORST.

Here is the cellophane tree-like object in question, with its huge dangling balls.

Source

eaton-centre-christmas-tree.jpg

Personally I'm still hopefull that one year they will be a real 100 foot tree in the mall. Not a fake one

They'd have major issues moving it in, nevermind stability and shedding issues.

On another note - Slipstream (along the roof - visible in the pic) completely disappeared and didn't make a return. It is probably one of the worst "public" art failure (after Arc en Ciel at Yorkdale; or Lightspell at Pioneer Village)

AoD

On another note - Slipstream (along the roof - visible in the pic) completely disappeared and didn't make a return. It is probably one of the worst "public" art failure (after Arc en Ciel at Yorkdale; or Lightspell at Pioneer Village)

AoD

A $2.5 million failure, reportedly. I had an office at the EC at the time. It never really worked properly.

Back