Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

May 18

Still plenty of work taking place on the inside. You just cant see it from the outside.

I was told no work was being done inside. There is still the area in front that is open that still has yet to be done.

Sidewalk being replace out in front.

IMG_may-18-09-0244.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0245.jpg

Wasn't that area re-surfaced & landscaped a couple of years ago when Ryerson/Best Buy & Canuk Tire opened?

^ That only went as far as Ryerson. This section has been shabby for a long time. The new landscaping is being done by the some company that's doing Bloor Street so let's hope for something decent.

The construction doesn't look like it is suited for a restaurant: space is too small and it is divided into two parts as if there will be a small convenience store or something.

Anyone heard any new information regarding this project?

May 30th update

I don't see much progress with the sidewalk, or Joey's Restaurant

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Uh-oh. I hope the sidewalk reconstruction wasn't being financed by Lehman Brothers, (and with no sidewalk, no Joey's...)

Actually - I think the Joey's website used to list a new location for Toronto, but there's no mention of one now.

I work for the BIA and I can assure you that from what we currently know, the Joey's restaurant is going in. YEEEAH BABY!

I work for the BIA and I can assure you that from what we currently know, the Joey's restaurant is going in. YEEEAH BABY!

Will there be a patio? I hope that they get moving on this, now is the time to be open what with the tourist season upon us.

I can ask :)... yeah it would be nice it were ready for the summer tourist season. I imagine it will be open by the end of summer though.

I noticed on Thursdays 2 lift trying to get in the side door.

Sidewalk work stills looks the same from the week before.

Haven't finish the work on the columns for the main entrance to the tower.

I noticed on Thursdays 2 lift trying to get in the side door.

Sidewalk work stills looks the same from the week before.

Haven't finish the work on the columns for the main entrance to the tower.

Still no movement on Joey's that I could see today, except that there is tarpaulin up to cover the front. More importantly, nothing has happened with that damn torn up sidewalk for at least three weeks now.

June 10

AH!!! had to wait until the hydro boys show up to remove the existing system and stall a new one.
IMG_june-11-09-0093.JPG

Good news. This should move swiftly to completion once the hydro lines are laid. Too bad this wasn't finished prior to Luminato, this area has been packed to the rafters with people this week.

A few shots of Joey's (no change) and the sidewalk upgrade today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Still no movement at Joey's but plenty of workers on site working on that stretch of sidewalk. Good to see that nearing completion.

Back