Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Workers were inside the Joeys today. I heard some work being done inside and saw some workers hanging out in the tarped up part.

As for the sidwalk, its being built to match the sidewalk in front of CT and Best Buy.

Workers were inside the Joeys today. I heard some work being done inside and saw some workers hanging out in the tarped up part.

Good news. I've seen a "Johnny on the Spot" there for a few weeks, but no activity. They really need to get that place open for summer.

As for the sidewalk, its being built to match the sidewalk in front of CT and Best Buy.

That's what it looked like to me too with the forms for the trees that were being constructed yesterday.
Also, that stretch needs another solution for bikes, there are never enough bike racks there. Bikes are locked to anything that is stationary, it's crazy.

I'm still baffled as to why, in the P & C thread, there are all these updates and comments concerning a new restaurant and the massive Eaton Centre expansion of a patio...and a few new sidewalk slabs along Dundas. It might be the most talked about construction project on UrbanKapuskasing, but has the economy gotten so rotten and things so slow in Toronto that it gets all this attention?

I second the aforementioned bizarreness. Is this restaurant really special or something? I never have heard of it before...

Yes, Joey's is very, very important. Many people i know are nervous wrecks, waiting for it to open. I've been unable to sleep properly for weeks.

I'm still baffled as to why, in the P & C thread, there are all these updates and comments concerning a new restaurant and the massive Eaton Centre expansion of a patio...and a few new sidewalk slabs along Dundas. It might be the most talked about construction project on UrbanKapuskasing, but has the economy gotten so rotten and things so slow in Toronto that it gets all this attention?

I second the aforementioned bizarreness. Is this restaurant really special or something? I never have heard of it before...

Shall we have you two vet all the threads in here first from now on? In the meantime, as this one is already going, it can stay, but I'll monitor it to make sure it doesn't get too big and endanger the forum and the interweb in general.

July 5

The north section should be finish by this weekend with luck. Still nothing going on at Joey's

IMG_july_06_09-0064.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0065.jpg

The north section should be finish by this weekend with luck. Still nothing going on at Joey's

Yes, Joey's is very, very important. Many people i know are nervous wrecks, waiting for it to open. I've been unable to sleep properly for weeks.

I'm glad you revived this thread and not me drum! ;)

Once that sidewalk area is complete a six or eight foot area abutting the buildings through this area will then have to be completed.

July 9

The new sidewalk is open and not surprise base on what I saw Wed. Plywood been used where pavers are to go.

Asphalt been place for the 2 exit as rest of the south side as well between the 2 office tower exit will be torn up next week.

Joey not at home
IMG_july-09-09-0028.jpg

IMG_july-09-09-0029.jpg

Perhaps I've seen too much granite lately on Bloor Street but this sidewalk looks like sh*t. I guess trees will help, eventually.

It's impossible to find a parking spot in this neighbourhood... for my bike.

They never replaced the bike rings on the north side of Dundas when they redid that sidewalk a few months ago, and all the bike rings and racks were removed on the section of sidewalk that is currently being redone. That means that 2/3 of the bike parking that was there last summer is gone (and even then it could be tough to find a bike parking spot at times).

Back