Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

It's impossible to find a parking spot in this neighbourhood... for my bike.

They never replaced the bike rings on the north side of Dundas when they redid that sidewalk a few months ago, and all the bike rings and racks were removed on the section of sidewalk that is currently being redone. That means that 2/3 of the bike parking that was there last summer is gone (and even then it could be tough to find a bike parking spot at times).

If you navigate through the City of Toronto website you'll find an area to request installation, replacement or repair of bike racks. I don't know if the current labour dispute will affect bike rack installations/repairs. I did learn last week that burned out lights in City parks are not being addressed until the dispute is resolved.

It's impossible to find a parking spot in this neighbourhood... for my bike.

They never replaced the bike rings on the north side of Dundas when they redid that sidewalk a few months ago, and all the bike rings and racks were removed on the section of sidewalk that is currently being redone. That means that 2/3 of the bike parking that was there last summer is gone (and even then it could be tough to find a bike parking spot at times).

Well, I was just trying to figure out why there was so many bikes parked in front of Cdn Tire and why I had to walk over a block to find a secure spot to lock my bike.

It is stupid that they don't replace these automatically when they existed before.

July 18

Only a small amount of sidewalk to be finish off and that will be done early this week. Still no Joey's
IMG_july-18-09-0091.jpg

IMG_july-18-09-0092.jpg

IMG_july-18-09-0093.jpg

July 22

This project should be finish by the weekend subject to the pavers.
IMG_july-22-09-0102.jpg

Sidewalk is finish and was been saw cut when I was there. Should had open later in the day.
IMG_july-22-09-0103.jpg

I find the planter poorly done and looks unfinished. Otherwise, trees and plants fine.
IMG_july-22-09-0104.jpg

That can't be done, it's horrible workmanship.

I agree. The planters look like complete garbage. Looking at the images of other projects this company has worked on makes me wonder if this really is the final project. If so, it completely ruins their reputation.

As for the plantings... Ill give them some credit. The trees planted in this section are taller than the trees planted on the western section of Dundas. (In front of the business building) It would be nice if they redid the planters to the west to match these ones. At least try to give us some consistency.

That can't be finished. :eek: Maybe granite finishings are coming to match the materials used on the sidewalks in the Yonge-Dundas precinct?

If that is the finished product, that is extremely poor workmanship. Did they hire a guy with a free afternoon?

Well usually they put the soil in and plant the foliage after they've completed laying the concrete. But maybe this time it is going to be different, but I don't think so. Looks fine for Dundas tourist land.

That can't be finished. :eek: Maybe granite finishings are coming to match the materials used on the sidewalks in the Yonge-Dundas precinct?

If that is the finished product, that is extremely poor workmanship. Did they hire a guy with a free afternoon?

If you actually look at the planters it's quite clear there will be some sort of cladding added. Some of you guys are SO impatient :)

And not a bike post to be found. Simply amazing.

I guess those with bikes will have to resort to locking them up against the trees, like they do on the west side of the street.

I'm guessing the post and rings will be installed by the City after the project is complete. I have a hunch that the outside workers that install bike racks are probably on strike ATM.

A construction worker has confirmed that the Joey's restaurant is moving forward for the location. He said they were waiting for the sidewalk work to be completed.

Back