Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

Something differnt for the east side. (black/grey brick)

CIRCQUE--June13-09043.jpg

This building's turning out way, WAY better than I expected. Hope the glazing pleasantly surprises too. Thanks for the pic.

Looks great though I not sure about the horizontal precast between the floors. The brick would have looked better.

First window/glass panel is up..

-One window/glass panel is up on the east side of the building...

-they are completing off the 13th floor (roof of the last residential floor)

The building has amazing presence on King East.

"Amazing", as it looming, overpowering? Though I quite like the black brick too, it seems to me it is too tall for the site and totally overpowers the quite tasteful Abbey Lofts next door. The City wanted the height reduced and more of a setback on King, the OMB said no.

anyone have time to post photo updates to see how the building looks as a whole against King East?

Curiousity is killing me as I'm currently in London for the summer and all I rely on for glimpses of my future home is the UT msg board. I promise to put up photos of my unit if I ever get to move in :)

Thanks in advance!

East..The place to be.

"Amazing", as it looming, overpowering? Though I quite like the black brick too, it seems to me it is too tall for the site and totally overpowers the quite tasteful Abbey Lofts next door. The City wanted the height reduced and more of a setback on King, the OMB said no.

East Lofts is turning out to be so resplendently beautiful that it's bound to "overpower" whatever is around it. I take the streetcar past it every day and people always comment on how stunning it is. Moreover, the OMB made the correct decision in siding with architect Peter Clewes' vision of restrained grandeur which I think fits perfectly in this already beautiful design stretch of King East. In a long row of reddish brick buildings, how refreshing to see a cool and modern interpretation wrap around that corner. New condos rarely seem to turn out as nice as they were first shown to buyers in a brochure or model suite, Vu and Glasshouse come to mind. So far East Lofts has delivered in spades, and it's still 6 months from completion!

Last edited:
I like the brick and many aspects of the design, but I think it's absolutely a missed opportunity how the building doesn't match the wonderful setback of the lofts next door. What an easy thing it would have been to do. But they decided not to.

EDIT: I do, however, QUITE appreciate the fact that there will be offices in this building (2nd floor). Very good. I like the retail-office-residential mix in new condo projects.

Last edited:
Actually, I'd be quite happy if our 'avenues' moved up to East's scale instead of future Easts accommodating existing streetscapes. Toronto needs more heft at the mid-rise level.

anyone have time to post photo updates to see how the building looks as a whole against King East?

Curiousity is killing me as I'm currently in London for the summer and all I rely on for glimpses of my future home is the UT msg board. I promise to put up photos of my unit if I ever get to move in :)

Thanks in advance!

yes here you go. They are not the greatest, but gives you an idea of scale. :)

Attachments

• east1.jpg
    east1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 235
  • east2.jpg
    east2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 253
Cool Pic

Here is a more recent photo that was taken from a really awesome vantage point...enjoy.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Back