Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

Well torontovibe beat me to it, good work. It looks like there'll be a balcony or overhang of some sort within the first floor area. That's what had me thinking that this could make for some very interesting retail space.

looks more like the residential lobby

It's some sort of Mezzanine..

Mezzanine Floor - 2,938 square feet

Here is the Real Estate listing regarding leasing the retail space at EAST. It clearly lists the dimensions of the space.

275 King Street East, TorontoLISTING SUMMARY:

Sale/Lease: RETAIL
Floor/Unit/Available Space:

Ground Floor - 8,126 square feet

Mezzanine Floor - 2,938 square feet
Rental Rate: Negotiable

Fixturing: January 2009

Occupancy: May 2009
Term: 5 or 10 Years

LISTING COMMENTS:

Corner exposure (King & Princess Street)
Double-height ceilings (21 feet clear height)
Additional mezzanine of 2,250 square feet
Floor-to-ceiling glass
130 feet of King Street frontage
Additional Rent - $10.40 psf (approximately)
CONTACT INFORMATION:

JEFF THOMAS
Sales Representative
416.205.9222 Ext. 221
jthomas@ashlarurban.com

JASON EVDOXIADIS*

Sales Representative

416.205.9222 Ext. 223

jevdoxiadis@ashlarurban.com

* Ashlar Doxa Realty Inc. (Franchise)

7th floor complete in 2 weeks

It took ~ two weeks to complete the 7th floor.

If they continue at this pace, with approx 7 more floors to go(14th floor would be the top of the building) the building would top out approximately in the middle of August, ~ 2 months before the stated November occupancy.

As mentioned in the VU thread, if you peak through the hoarding wall, you can see half a pallete of black/charcoal bricks and a lot of interior cinder block brick work for the main floor. (The black/charcoal brick looks similar and most likely the same brick used in Glas condo).

They've used the black brick on the main floor in what appears to be the something that looks like an interior room.

This one is going to look very good once it's finished. I'm really looking forward to seeing the brick and glazing go up. I'll start shooting pictures of all the east end projects around me soon, once this cool rainy week is over.

This building is already looking very solid and impressive. There are large slabs of grey marble at the site. Wondering exactly where those will go since they weren't in the original exterior design.

May 18,2009

Here you go, Took these yesterday...

Can anyone tell conclusively if this is marble or granite or something else?

Progress is going extremely well. On the 9th floor, they seem to be on pace for stated November occupancy. With the mechanical floor on the bottom and working at full tilt, I can't see why not.

eastlofts6_beaconer.jpg

eastlofts5_beaconer.jpg

eastlofts1_beaconer.jpg

eastlofts2_beaconer.jpg

eastlofts3_beaconer.jpg

eastlofts4_beaconer.jpg

I like this one. I like the brick setting. I like the yellow car in the last photo.

Thanks for the pics

Occupany Delayed till 2010...

Dear Purchaser,

We wish to provide you with another update on the construction progress at East.

We have had a challenging winter losing schedule because of the inability of our concrete subcontractor to meet his pour schedule, in part more severe weather than the average during the last several months, but also because of our refusal to sacrifice quality for speed. The ripple effect of this
is a later start for elevator installation, because our elevator sub will not consent to start elevator work until the roof is completed on the elevator shaft. We have had discussions on accelerating elevator construction but our subcontractor has installation procedures which makes this unlikely. Since the elevators must be complete before we can have the authorities inspect all life safety systems, and because these operations are consecutive and not concurrent, we will not be able to meet the
occupancy dates we had previously given. Further complicating the situation, we have not yet had hydro installed although they have indicated they will start shortly. (We have sewer, water, and gas installed). Life safety systems certification and City building department inspections will thus run into December, a notoriously difficult time to be able to have inspectors available on our schedule. We must have City occupancy approval before allowing move-ins.

For these reasons we must delay occupancy dates to January 15th for floors3 to 7, and February 1st for floors 8 to penthouse. We have allowed additional time so that we have sufficient float time during the latter part of December and into the new year when productivity and inspections are less
dependable because of the holiday season, and also so that no one would be forced to be moving during the holiday season. We will consider earlier dates for all floors as we get closer to completion and will give you the option of an earlier date if possible.

While we understand purchasers frustration with a further delay, we are also frustrated by the singular difficulty we have had with this project. We are sure you will all understand that it is in our best interests not to have a delay, both economically but particularly from the standpoint of our reputation. Nonetheless, the circumstances are what they are. We do promise that we will deliver the best building we can and honour all other commitments made by us. As unwelcome as these delays have been, we believe the final product will be well worth waiting for.

Progress on site, with the exception of the concrete work, has actually been quite good. We have substantially completed the parking garage and the retail and commercial floors, including heating equipment and duct runs, water supply and drainage piping. Boiler systems and electrical room are
well underway. Precast columns for the exterior façade are installed, interior masonry is about 90% complete, and exterior brick will start in the next week. Drywall and studwork has begun. Windows are scheduled to start in mid July, and the concrete will be completed to the 9th floor this week. All
concrete will be completed by end of July, with the crane coming down shortly after that. Finalinterior suite finishes will begin mid-August.

--Snip--

They should've used the same setbacks as the lofts nextdoor. So close but no cigar. What a shame :(

Back