Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

I like the brick and many aspects of the design, but I think it's absolutely a missed opportunity how the building doesn't match the wonderful setback of the lofts next door. What an easy thing it would have been to do. But they decided not to.

I'm really glad they didn't. It would have looked like one long squat building. Variation is what makes the street scape interesting.

I'm really glad they didn't. It would have looked like one long squat building. Variation is what makes the street scape interesting.

We have TONS of variation all over this city. I am not asking us to be Paris where every streetwall is the same. But in the Old Town/St. Lawrence neighbourhood where that has been done it's worked very well.

Terraces that line up, etc. Otherwise the terraces on one building are bookended into the side wall of a new building.

Of course, that's generally how cities organically develop but it would be nice to have a continued "terrace precinct" from St. Lawrence north.

Exposed concrete wall interiors..

Looking at photos of interiors of Glas (same developer/builder at East Lofts) resales on MLS, it looks like all the load bearing concrete walls will remain as exposed concrete.

I don't mind the exposed concrete ceiling look, but the exposed concrete walls I find look way too industrial and has this jail cell like appearance that I find hard to appreciate..

c16287497.jpg

c16287496.jpg

With a little imagination it could be redone in draped and ruched silk, with contrasting gilt tassels and tie-backs - like that delightfully frou-frou tent-like room in the ROM's Evolution of Style galleries. Just think Prince Regent and the Royal Pavilion at Brighton. You'd forget about the bare walls in an instant.

With a little imagination it could be redone in draped and ruched silk, with contrasting gilt tassels and tie-backs - like that delightfully frou-frou tent-like room in the ROM's Evolution of Style galleries. Just think Prince Regent and the Royal Pavilion at Brighton. You'd forget about the bare walls in an instant.

Nice suggestions..but I'm more tempted and uncontrollably inspired to do something like this .. I think it would be really cool to pay a graffiti artist to do some amazing centre piece art work right on the wall..

The rest of the interior/furniture would play off the artwork..

blog-graffiti.jpg

lb_jaber_03.jpg

graffiti_in_gaza01.jpg

i don't understand why they have exposed concrete all over the place. I don't find that stylish at all. To me, it seems like builders are too cheap to put on a layer of coating and advertising it as a stylish appearance.

I don't get why people want to wake up looking at a concrete ceiling and the exposed air duct running across a living room. Some realtors use that as a selling point. :confused:

i don't understand why they have exposed concrete all over the place. I don't find that stylish at all. To me, it seems like builders are too cheap to put on a layer of coating and advertising it as a stylish appearance.

I don't get why people want to wake up looking at a concrete ceiling and the exposed air duct running across a living room. Some realtors use that as a selling point. :confused:

I love exposed concrete ceilings and exposed air ducts in units with high ceilings. It looks nice.

Back