Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

I disagree. I like how the differing setbacks help establish each buildings' profile, defining the overall mass as two, separate structures, not a single, overly-congruous one.

Dear Purchaser,

...we must delay occupancy dates to January 15th for floors 3 to 7, and February 1st for floors 8 to penthouse

*sigh*...I had no idea these types of delays were possible when I bought pre-construction. Signed the contact in Dec 2005 with the expectation that the Dec 2007 move-in date would probably get pushed to mid-late 2008. Never would have guessed it would be early 2010 lol....

I purchased in that location because I was working downtown at the time...then I moved to Cali last summer to do my MBA and figured my fiancee would move in while I was gone. Now it looks like it'll be ready by the time I get back haha

ah well....as long as they do a good job. My deposit sitting in escrow is probably making more money off the interest rates than I would have made/lost in the stock market

*sigh*...I had no idea these types of delays were possible when I bought pre-construction. Signed the contact in Dec 2005 with the expectation that the Dec 2007 move-in date would probably get pushed to mid-late 2008. Never would have guessed it would be early 2010 lol....

I purchased in that location because I was working downtown at the time...then I moved to Cali last summer to do my MBA and figured my fiancee would move in while I was gone. Now it looks like it'll be ready by the time I get back haha

ah well....as long as they do a good job. My deposit sitting in escrow is probably making more money off the interest rates than I would have made/lost in the stock market

WoW. Its will have been delayed over 3 years? Isn't there something in the contract about that?

I wouldn't count on it - developers pay a pitiful interest rate on deposits.

Especially since BofC rates have been so low the past 5 years.

But relatively speaking, if one had invested in the Dow in December 2005 @10,800; it's currently at 8,400 ... however, I can't recall what the F/X rate was then.
You could be break-even ... :D

Interior Photos from East

Here are some interior shots from the East site tour

Attachments

• east1.jpg
    east1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 317
  • east2.jpg
    east2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 271
  • east3.jpg
    east3.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 261
  • east4.jpg
    east4.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 271
  • east5.jpg
    east5.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 281
Here are some interior shots from the East site tour

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Did they provide any additional information or details on construction issues (beyond what was mentioned in their letter) or potential retail tenants? Any anecdotes or interesting facts?

It was a very good tour. We started in the garage levels and worked our way up. The ground floor retail level has not been leased yet, but there was interest from a drug store and a furniture retailer. The second level will be office space. There is a separate lobby and elevator on the west side end of the site which is accessed from King St. There is a party room (common area for the condo on the second floor) The builder is confident that they will meet the revised occupancy date. The site was very clean and the quality of the construction was very good. The condo lobby is accessed from Princess street close to abbey lane. There will be a mural on the far wall with two large chandeliers. They did have some black bricks on site and they will begin applying them in the next few weeks. All of the buyers on the tour were very excited about the project.

They've started with the black bricks on the east side of the building. I thought we'd get another red brick building so the black is a welcome addition. This building should look amazing.

Black Brick

They've started with the black bricks on the east side of the building. I thought we'd get another red brick building so the black is a welcome addition. This building should look amazing.

The combination of charcoal grey bricks bordered with black grout is stunning ! This building ROCKS !!

Back