News   Jul 15, 2024
 734     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

HOV lanes or bus only lanes on Eglinton Avenue West in Etobicoke were rejected by the ratepayers in the area, long before any mention of Transit City was born.

However, having HOV or bus lanes up Black Creek Blvd. (and Hwy. 400) from Eglinton up to Steeles Avenue West could be an option. But only for buses, taxis and emergency vehicles.
What about Trethewey that intersects Black Creek? I am assuming there would be stop lights on Black Creek so that cars on Trethewey could cross Black Creek and continue along to Jane St where (I think) Trethewey ends. Though I never understood the rational for creating short streets like that that at times creates bottlenecks

Now this is a stupid question but the wall was there for what exactly? Does the overpass not run along there?

To prevent soil and other debris from falling onto Eglinton avenue from a rainfall, shifting ground, etc. I assume it was cheaper than re-grading the site to have it taper down towards Eglinton Ave.

What about Trethewey that intersects Black Creek? I am assuming there would be stop lights on Black Creek so that cars on Trethewey could cross Black Creek and continue along to Jane St where (I think) Trethewey ends. Though I never understood the rational for creating short streets like that that at times creates bottlenecks

At Jane, Trethewey turns into Denison, which got its own underpass under the Georgetown corridor, over to Weston Rd.

It used to be a level railway crossing. By the time the underpass was built, it needed to have "regulation" clearance.

urbantoronto-2217-6328.jpg

The Kodak factory buildings were already there, and they didn't want to "expropriate" the Kodak lands back then.

urbantoronto-2217-6327.jpg

Here is some additional info about the Crosstown West LRT. In addition to the city paying for the capital and operational costs of the extension, John Tory gave the city an even worse deal than we thought: the province will own the Crosstown West extension.

I wont even get started with Smarttrack, but we can now essentially confirm this: the city will have next to no say on how service in run in the city, and there will be no "Smarttrack" branded trains.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...llors-want-a-seat-at-the-metrolinx-table.html

the province will own the Crosstown West extension.

I saw that when the report was released. I don't understand that at all. How could they manage to negotiate that new transit infrastructure to be built by the city would be owned by Metrolinx? Unbelievable. They're really tying to screw us.

Here is some additional info about the Crosstown West LRT. In addition to the city paying for the capital and operational costs of the extension, John Tory gave the city an even worse deal than we thought: the province will own the Crosstown West extension.

I wont even get started with Smarttrack, but we can now essentially confirm this: the city will have next to no say on how service in run in the city, and there will be no "Smarttrack" branded trains.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...llors-want-a-seat-at-the-metrolinx-table.html

NO NO NO to Toronto meddling in Metrolinx affairs.,.... all thats going to happen is stalled progress and rhetoric from both sides....on the other hand perhaps its time to debate the merits of having metrolinx assume control of ALL GTA transits and have them divided based on region...
ML North, south east west...?

It's better to have Metrolinx to be in control instead of having these politicians meddle in transit which has screwed us over countless times. Too much political interference has held up transit with endless debates from politicians who have no clue on transit and pander to their constituents and votes who demand useless stops they won't use or don't want transit built in their "backyards". Look at the damage John Tory has done to our transit with his SmartTrack nonsense and because he has invested so much political capital in it, the city is being held hostage by in it in order to accommodate it. The only say politicians should have is finding ways to pay for the transit. They should have no say in what kind of transit gets built and where it gets built which they have screwed up on for so long.

NO NO NO to Toronto meddling in Metrolinx affairs.,.... all thats going to happen is stalled progress and rhetoric from both sides....on the other hand perhaps its time to debate the merits of having metrolinx assume control of ALL GTA transits and have them divided based on region...
ML North, south east west...?

In an ideal world this would happen, and the only say politicians would have is on approving funding or giving them the ability to raise funds to build the transit needed.

I saw that when the report was released. I don't understand that at all. How could they manage to negotiate that new transit infrastructure to be built by the city would be owned by Metrolinx? Unbelievable. They're really tying to screw us.
One would think the provinces job is to work with Municipalities to create transit that is beneficial to both.
Instead, the province is acting like a bully trying to take advantage of their junior partners.

Back