News   Jul 12, 2024
 912     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 815     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I'm particularly hoping the faux-fan pippypoos are harbingers of something truly grotesque

WTF are you talking about? those fans are the essence of industrial chic

These hub caps could merely be place-holders for other ads! Which logos are circular?

Hmmm.

I got it. They'll be Wal-Mart yellow smiling faces when the true tenant of Metropolis will be revealed.

Justification for the fans: Since the majority of Torontonians will come to hate the "architecture" of this building the developers thought a good idea would be to attach the only fans of the building to the building!

However, the fans may have another function: to keep the hot advertising lights cool?

we all know that in 10 years when the Toronto Life Centre gets gutted into something else, there will be facebook groups protesting the removal of these fans, leading to their historic designation.

No. They're merely hubcaps, the Pompidou Centre shows how to get the industrial aesthetic goin'

however the Pompidou Centre is rusting away while these plastic hubcaps should last long after the last bulb behind the wall of fabric has burnt out

This thing just gets better by the day. Penequity erected their own backlit sign right above where the Adidas store is going to go on the NE corner of Y&D.

Personally, I've been mumbling the nickname 'Iniquity' under my breath.

Ha!

we all know that in 10 years when the Toronto Life Centre gets gutted into something else, there will be facebook groups protesting the removal of these fans, leading to their historic designation.

There might not be a Toronto Life Centre in 15 years, but there definitely won't be a Facebook in 10.

On a different note, 299, if someone else hasn't already, let me hand you this Best New Avatar trophy. We especially like our numbers here. 299, meet 42. 42, 299.

p.s.:

I got it. They'll be Wal-Mart yellow smiling faces when the true tenant of Metropolis will be revealed.

Ooh, now I can't resist busting it out again...

torch-mart.jpg

Back