News   Jul 12, 2024
 935     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 826     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 336     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
they finished putting up more signs on Metropolis. ( A PenEquirty Sign and a Provinical Signs sign...) oh well.

they also added some MASSIVE vertical brakets too.....they look interesting.

Edit: maybe the fans will spin in the winds ???

they finished putting up more signs on Metropolis. ( A PenEquirty Sign and a Provinical Signs sign...) oh well.

they also added some MASSIVE vertical brakets too.....they look interesting.

Edit: maybe the fans will spin in the winds ???

oh do you have any pictures????? That would be very appreciated plaease and thank you!

In other news, I can see that they're installing brackets for the Ticker facing the corner of Yonge + Dundas.

like I feared, this thing is beginning to turn real bad with the installation of the cladding phase.

I was convinced they wouldn't be putting up fans since the wall for them was insulated.. but I was beginning to suspect that they would end up as fake fans which is what happened.. odd.. reallllly odd.

They should pump fake steam out of vents to create a Blade Runner sort of feel.

I hope they have more success installing the ticker here than they did at the torch.

The only thing that will save this building is if it is coated with tons of gaudy advertising. The developers have actually provided a structure that is well worth covering over.

The ticker was indeed replaced by a backlit, but the new brackets will still host the LED "TV" surrounded by the diamond-shaped split screens... plus a Tri-vision above it all.

There's another ticker on the south facade so don't be too ticked off.

Nonetheless... if you hate backlit signs, stay away from Toronto Death Square.

Meh, who cares. Silly fans on a silly building, what's the big deal? I've never ever really equated Yonge/Dundas with taste anyway, so bring it on, and the schlockier the better, I say. Toronto's love affair du jour with the oh-so-tasteful Diamond/Clewes coterie continues apace everywhere else anyway for those whose sesibilities are offended by a pippypoo or a doodad, or any sense of gratuitous theatricality.

Go hard or go home. I've never been partial to this kind of commercial square idea. But i've always thought that if they were going to go that route that it should be 'all-out', otherwise it will inevitably just be considered a tepid effort at imitating Times Square. So far that seems to be the case.

Piccadilly Circus should have been the inspriation, not Times Square. I think it looks oh so much nicer - less ads, but they're of high quality. Yonge-Dundas will never equal the power of Times Square.

Back