News   Jul 12, 2024
 915     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 816     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I made this one two and a half years ago...

penequity.jpg

All these years, and it still is an all-around loser.

Ugly enough that it has to be totally covered in signage.

And the exposed parking garage: cheap-out.

So far the Victoria & Gould Street sides have mostly been a pleasant surprise. Yonge & Dundas sides are pretty much what I expected, once the signs are all up I think it'll be just what it was intended to be. My one criticism is that hulking mass over the HMV area. Other than that, I don't know that there are any major surprises. Toronto Life Centre will serve the area as intended. It's not the Crystal, but it never claimed to be.

definitely another sign/video display coming....posted by 401 king at SSC, from flickr...

1012485783_1be8636c65_b.jpg

"I wanted 'Maryanne on Gilligan's Island' ugly, not 'Cornelius on The Planet of the Apes' ugly. T.V. ugly, not ugly ugly."

For the love of all that is Holy - this is our version of Times Square? New Yorkers will flock up here just to snicker at us...

That being said, I like that Yonge is becoming busier each year. With more people hopefully comes more money. With more money comes more passable architecture (sorry - I don't mean to call *that* architecture, but you get my point).

Are those exposed ducts outside real? If they are that's a disaster waiting to happen. Not energy efficient at all. In the summer they will absorb all the exterior heat - counteracting the air conditioning going through. The opposite in the winter. Both situations will lead to condensation or even ice forming in the winter. The water will stain and deteriorate the outside of the building. Who knows - maybe they are fake like the fans...

JG

One can only hope they are fake ducts, but then one resents that they are fake ducts that add to the ugliness.

Yeah, I looked up the same PDF after asking the question--will have to be some sort of convex-shaped billboard. In that case, not such a disaster.

I have to admit that while this project could have been much, much better I don't think it's a disaster. The cladding is fine, much of the facade is nicely glassy, and what isn't (x. the Edward side, which is terrible) will be covered in ads. It's a fine fit for the spot.

That picture 401 King posted is looking a little blade runnerish.....( especially the video board on the LG media Tower..)

maybe this will not be as bad as we think...lets wait a bit.

If those trusses are for the video screen it will be 4X Larger than the LG video screen across the street. Which is utterly amazing.

Rendering for reference.

exteriorrenderingnorthebx1.jpg

24 theaters cinema will easily make the square very busy especially on weekends.

It just occurred to me, we haven't really seen the cladding yet, because for this project, the signage is the cladding.

Back