News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 866     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 349     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Actually my mole tells me things have turned around dramatically from my last "warning" and the number of confirmed clients is now close to 100% coverage. Believe me, no-one is more suprised than me.

The actual installation schedule is another matter. They are having a difficult time finding opportunities to close off Yonge/Dundas lanes to do the work... given the few weekend windows that exist in summer with nothing happening.

Nonetheless, the grey monster is going to be covered 'cause they've managed to sell most of the space already.

P.S.

Torch has been sold and the new owners have a "media" company lined up as lead tenant.... name can't be revealed.

Man, you are a tease.

Let the guessing begin: I say Corus is pulling out of 'office park on the lake' and moving here. ;)

Torch has been sold and the new owners have a "media" company lined up as lead tenant.... name can't be revealed.

Oh you tease!

City? Is it City? You can tell us. Is it City? Is it City? Is it City?

That "Superbad" ad is meant to be ironic? :)

Shut up! We're talkin' 'bout the Torch!

Oh wait, this is the Toronto Life Square (Metropolis whatever) thread...

Superbad - yeah, ironic! Too bad the building isn't so bad it's good.

I would be surprised if its City. There is not a lot of room to have studio space, a newsroom and support (office and storage...heck even parking for live remote vehicles, etc). If it is City, I could see them having a lot of stuff offsite (perhaps at the Omni building) but that would still be awkward.

If it were City moving into the Torch, I see two options...

1. Torch would be used exclusively as their studio space (CityNews, BT, CityLine, etc.) Everything else (marketing, master control, corporate, audience relations, etc.) would be based somewhere else (perhaps Lake Shore or 1 Mount Pleasant).

2. Everything would be located at Torch, however, they'd also take that building next door to Torch from Pen-Equity as well. If so, there's probably "just" enough space for City at that site.

I would put my money on City, given the recent caginess of the new owners when discussing where it would move. Would be a great addition to the square for sure....almost as much so as my preferred Apple Store option!

That said, I also heard it was a W. Or a Wal-Mart.

City TV would be a great tenant for Torch, though I think Rogers would have to expand the building or build something new.

I don't want to see City move from their current location, but since they don't seem to have much of a choice Dundas Square would be perfect for them.

Back