News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 867     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 350     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
couple of new pics from the metropolis website.....

1185044352.jpg

1185143185.jpg

look at all those people looking at that ad! It just shows you the publicity that these ads will recieve!

So we got that one Black Eyed Peas ad up. What jumps right at you is that the corner of Yonge + Dundas isn't built curved like the one in the rendering. I wonder if we'll get a curved video screen. Looking at Torch, I somewhat doubt that.

More than seeing all the ads up, I'm anticipating the day when all the hoardings will be gone. The place doesn't need to be open, I'd just like to see the frontage on to Dundas finished so that the hoardings can come down and we can reclaim that sidewalk space.

I'm waiting for that "bus shelter canopy" to be torn down.
They must be doing that.... it isnt in the artists rendering.... it's just got to be true.

So we got that one Black Eyed Peas ad up. What jumps right at you is that the corner of Yonge + Dundas isn't built curved like the one in the rendering. I wonder if we'll get a curved video screen. Looking at Torch, I somewhat doubt that.

More than seeing all the ads up, I'm anticipating the day when all the hoardings will be gone. The place doesn't need to be open, I'd just like to see the frontage on to Dundas finished so that the hoardings can come down and we can reclaim that sidewalk space.

It's not curved in the rendering either. It just appears that way because of the ads. Of course, the bottom corner that meets the street is curved just as it is in the rendering.

C is for 'crazy'.

Interesting (and maybe inevitable) how fat and clumsy that Superdad billboard is; like an uninspired postage-stamp tack-on...doesn't bode well...

Considering the location and usage of this part of the city, I'm quite surprised at the nice touches added to Victoria St and if you look closely, to the Dundas and Yonge St. facades.

I love how there are quite a few patios which will undoubtedly be lit up at night allowing for an active and human building to develop.

As for the SuperBad ad being fat, I don't think that will matter once all the signs have been added as they'll all be just as fat and SHOULD line up with one another.

I think that it's inevitable that once the final piece of the Dundas Square puzzle is complete -- Toronto Life Square -- the billboard real estate price will go up and the big guns will want to invest in more permanent and high quality signage as has developed in Time's Square, Picadilly Circus and the Ginza District.

^^ lol.. well, think of it like this. Once Toronto Life Square is complete, I don't think the city will be granting any further billboard licenses for the square.. I mean, where else would they put signs? They already denied further licenses for Torch.

Once you have a limited asset and the demand is high (and it will get high, this is the highest pedestrian traffic area in Canada), the prices will follow. If you're going to pay hundreds of thousands to have the right to put your ad up, it makes more sense to spend more money on the ad itself.

Back