News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 935     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I got it ;)

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

this summer 2007 occupancy rumours are now laughable, the inside looks too ghetto to expose to the public yet...looks like they are now working primarily on the inside? so the outside may not change a whole lot in the short term.

Construction outside is definitely progressing. Victoria Street side is about 80% complete now.

The Victoria Street facade resembles the rebuild of the former Montreal Forum.

While construction is progressing pretty steadily, I have my doubts that everything will be done in time for Summer occupancy.

I wish we had insiders who could get photos of the theatres and the stores. From what I've seen through the windows, it looks like there is a ton of work to be done with the interiors. Could it be done by July... not so sure... August? Maybe.

More than likely, they'll be aiming for a Christmas season opening deadline which is acceptable in my books since we've waited a decade for this thing anyway.

^ no way they'll open in July.

I bet we'll begin seeing the billboards going up quite soon. All the infrastructure to add them seem to be done.

1181258333.jpg

I'm very impressed that PenEquity would make the back of the billboards look attractive. Considering their history, I honestly expected a bunch of permanent scaffolding.

Which stores were supposed to open in July anyway?

Looking through the windows from the outside, absolutely none of them have started moving in.

I'd be surprised if this opened this summer at all. Maybe Christmas....

the only news report that ever said they were going to open in July was the CTV one.....afaik, other than that single report, metropolis, since construction finally restarted, was always saying that the outdoor signage would start to be installed in June/07, and the stores/movie theaters would open in the fall.....so maybe the CTV guy just got his facts wrong?

They don't seem to busy this week. On Monday I even saw a picket line for local 506 (I think). Did not seem large, have not seen it since.... but I have not seen much work done either.

Back