News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 901     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
the only news report that ever said they were going to open in July was the CTV one.....afaik, other than that single report, metropolis, since construction finally restarted, was always saying that the outdoor signage would start to be installed in June/07, and the stores/movie theaters would open in the fall.....so maybe the CTV guy just got his facts wrong?

It's on their sign outside the hording: July 2007. I know that sign has changed a "few" times so it's probably not the best barometer.

Fall 2007 it is then...

Late summer, early fall for retail beginning to open is my guess by looking at where they are right now and the strikes aren't helping. I think the whole building would have to be passed by the fire department first (i.e. exits complete, fire system operational, sprinklers etc.).
Does anyone know where the loading zone is for retail?
I heard the cinemas won't be ready for Christmas, so we'll see.

sweet pictures. I cant wait for the signs.

I dont mind if the building opens in the fall or winter. I just want the building lit up with advertising, its kinda dark in Dundas Square without the behemouth lightin' it up!

Concerning the opening times: maybe not July, but definitely before Christmas.

Hey Guys I'm a Novice here lol, but not quite I've actually been a lurker for quite sometime and decided to join the forum lol.

I heard a Rumour that PenEquity is in talks with toy store chain "Toys "Я" Us" to Open a Flagship store inside of the Toronto Life Square Building. From what I've been hearing as well is "Toys "Я" Us" is trying to negotiate with Penequity to get more floor space for Toys "Я" Us own "R" Zone which is a video game and consumer electronics department run seperately:confused::confused:

Can someone get a confirmation on this report I've tried sifting through old news report but nothing has come up substantial so far???????????????????????

Interesting. Toys R Us leaves Yonge Street only to re-appear a few years later. I think it could work.

I wonder how well a Toys R Us electronics store would do in that building. There will already be a Future Shop on the 2nd floor, HMV next door and Best Buy one block away. Makes for good comparison shopping, but can 4 stores be maintained within such close proximity?

I thought the Toys "R" Us on Yonge before was too small, and the location wasn't appropriate for it. I think at TLS is better.

Interesting. Toys R Us leaves Yonge Street only to re-appear a few years later. I think it could work.

They didn't have enough space to keep anything in stock. Popular stuff would regularly sell out in hours so it simply became an advertising point for their other stores.

I have no doubt they could be successful with a full sized shop downtown.

That would be a nice anchor tenant... anybody have a confirmation for this?

The Toys R Us on Times Square is amazing... a little bit overkill but hey, I wouldn't mind if Toronto Life Square had a ferris wheel inside...

I would imagine the bottom floors would have a cheap lease price. I have been curious to see what shows up in the basement of Metropolis ever since the bowling alleys disappeared from the plans.

O.k folks news just in Global Tv will be @ Yonge and Dundas Today Monday June 25, 2007 Live at 6:00 pm for their news from the neighbourhood coverage. From what I've heard is that Global Tv might get some news info in about T.L.S and about tenants as well,;) from a Penequity representative so keep your figures cross about hearing about "Toys R' Us".

Does any body know what is gonna happen to the Olympic Flame across from Metropolis????????? It would be such a waste to have that building sit Idly by while T.L.S comes alive with 2008!!!:mad::mad:

Back