News   Jul 16, 2024
 165     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 313     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Small update - sections of the blue hording are being taken down as of an hour ago.

I'm looking forward to redevelopment eastward towards Church, particularly the southwest corner with that forlorn bank on the corner, defaced by the Pizza Pizza signage.

Small update - sections of the blue hording are being taken down as of an hour ago.

I was surprised last week to see that the hoarding was blue at all. The L'Oreal ads have been gone for a while I assume?

The Yonge St. façade seems near complete so I think that the hoarding on that side is ready to be removed.

Can't wait to reclaim that sidewalk space for the first time in nearly a decade.

I think they're still a couple months away from taking down any hoarding. The little bit of hoarding they did remove was only taken out so that the mobile crane being used to remove the tower crane would have enough room to extend its outriggers.

WOW, for that shot down Dundas!

cant wait for that hoarding to come down as well. Its been nothing but a gallery of panhandlers for the past decade.

I was just down there, and I have to admit, I'm very optimistic by what I saw.

They're installing long vertical windows on the Victoria St. façade and it is now becoming clear that the current sidewalk will remain, with Metropolis cantilevering over it.

That stretch of Victoria is turning out nice with the beautiful, Continuing Ed building, Lake Devo and now a well developing Metropolis.

They're actually getting little details right, so the only thing that can really screw it up will be the type of cladding they use on the non glassed areas and the quality of the ads to be installed.

10 years of waiting can probably be worth it and that's saying a lot coming from a loud anti-PenEquity protester.

Mercanadian took this picture at SSC.

img0728pt7.jpg

Crane Down. Vents Up.

The vents/ducts will likely be covered with advertising. so its not the big deal I originally thought.

Has anybody seen the Wiki page for Metropolis?

Some new information there that I've never heard of:

" The Naming Rights Of the building have gone to The popular toronto magazine Toronto Life. The Building will be known as The Toronto Life Centre."

The Toronto Life Centre... I can live with that, although I was looking forward to the more commercial name, Metropolis. On the other hand, we can all forget the nightmares of waiting for this project associated with that name.

Anchors

• Adidas Sport Performance Store
Adidas will open its store directly on the corner of Yonge & Dundas. The store will feature Adidas products such as footwear and accessories relating to sports.

• AMC Theatres
AMC will anchor the entertainment portion of Metropolis with a 24 screen theatre. The AMC 24 located in Metroplolis is set to be a flagship of its Canadian operations.

• Future Shop
Future Shop is set to launch its most up-to-date and technologically advanced store, of the over 110 its currently operates coast to coast.

• Shoppers Drug Mart
The Shoppers Drug Mart will be located below street level and will operate in a 11,300 square foot store.

Now that sounds interesting. That's a huge Shoppers, Adidas seems to have taken on a major role here and I'm glad to see FutureShop finally ditch their gross Yonge St. location. At one point, it was speculated that there would be no FutureShop because BestBuy had located just up the street at the Ryerson Biz Building. hmmmm..no mention of the Canadian Music Hall of Fame...:hat

Wikipedia Page

Toronto Life Building? I would take this with a huge grain of salt, considering the source and considering the irrelevancy of the location and substance of the building to the magazine (and its demographics).

I do realize its a Wiki so it can be doctored freely, but it sounds legitimate and seems to be posted by a knowledgeable individual.

I'll take it as valid information as everything else seems current and can be verified.

It's too bad they couldn't get an arcade here, perhaps attracting the one just down the street. Right now Metropolis seems a bit like a glorified food court. These stores should help, but more things to do would be good aside from just the movie theatre.

Back