News   Jul 16, 2024
 165     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 919     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Don't sneer. I've been anticipating that 80s tackiness might wind up its own best retro-virtue ever since, well, the 80s...

The Seventies were far tackier than the Eighties.

Think Bay City Rollers, Gary Glitter and Slade!

And that's *its* own best retro-virtue, too.
41-Match_Game_05.jpg

I rode by on the bus last night - the stage set was all condensed into some odd geometric form. Can we get a YouTube of this thing moving please.

downtown tonight, saw the Arcade building from Ed's post and in today's photo, Wow, first the Bay with their display, now this. You could see the blue lights up the side of the Arcade building from as far away as about Wellesley.

Here's to the ongoing Ginza-ization of Yonge St.! :smokin

I saw the "finished product" (stage canopy)... OMG gross
puke.gif
. It's a mangled mess of steel, completely unattractive, completely temporary looking and assymetric. Ew ew ew!

On the other hand, it looks like Torch has been sold. PenEquity doesn't seem to be managing the building any longer. A large banner on the tower shows www.TorchBuilding.com as the site to inquire about locating there.

The new management company seems to be Colliers International.

It could be that they're just managing the real estate for PenEquity (the owner) but I like to think that PenEquity is out of the picture.

Couple of nice pics by Skybean over at SSC, showing pretty rapid progress at Metropolis....

downtown031bb0.jpg

downtown041on1.jpg

That first pic really demonstrates how the crappy condition of our lamp posts ruins the streetscape.

One City Hall is looking sexier everytime I see it. Sure taking forever to complete.

Ed, totally agree. I walked by 1 City Hall yesterday and was really impressed at some of the detailing that has gone into the exterior. The balconies along the second floor, for example, have some sort of etching along the entire length which looks great. Hopefully some good retail goes in there.

That was my impression too Ganjavih. That picture is a great promotion for streetscaping and new furniture in the downtown core.

Widen those sidewalks a little, add some trees and you would have a winning street instead of something that looks so run down.

Say what you want about the design of the Ryerson Business School but I have never seen Bay and Dundas as busy as it has been the last few times I passed by. Canadian Tire and Best Buy have made a huge difference. Can't wait for Metropolis to do the same.

Back