News   Aug 14, 2024
 957     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 736     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 573     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
"I'll take it as valid information as everything else seems current and can be verified."

Thats the reason to question "Toronto Life Centre" - cause everything else can be found on the Metropolis site and verified and this can't be. In fact, they were never advertising naming rights.

I will believe it when its officially announced and not on some site where anything can be posted. Until then, I will do my shopping at The Walrus Atrium on Bay. ;)

How very entertaining.

I started that Wikipedia page about a year ago (check the history), linked it to the Wikipedia Dundas Square page, and posted its existence to UT. I was, at the time, writing for a certain Toronto magazine, and was hoping that collective UT wisdom might yield some interesting tidbits on the subject. It didn't; everyone ignored the page, at least for the first little while, and so I moved on and forgot about it.

I'm going to guess that this tidbit represents someone playing with Wikipedia. Maybe I'll make some discreet enquiries in the meantime, though.

I always liked the Metropolis name because of the association with Superman who was created by a Torontonian, or so I believe, and I think it's high time Toronto appropriated the ultimate superhero as their own!

A quick look at Wikipedia informs me that superman was indeed co-created by a Toronto born comic artist. It states that the city 'Metropolis' in which Clarke Kent lives was modelled on Toronto.

I think there should be a Superman statue in the area. If nothing else it would be a conversation piece.

Ehhhhhh, that would seem grasping.

Anyhoo, we already have a statue that has a conversation piece - Ned Hanlan - our real Superman.

And there's now a street named for Joe Shuster running N of Queen to Dufferin, remember...

somebody changed it... ok, who was it?

Whoever changed it posted that the Music Hall of Fame withdrew from Metropolis. Has that been confirmed? Details built into the Yonge St. façade show features that belong to the Music Hall of Fame according to the rendering in which it was included.

I wonder if whoever posted the Toronto Life detail let out a secret that is yet unrevealed. :hat

from flickr, metropolis showing changes almost every day....

364856032_d75352fdcd_o.jpg

It's certainly imposing. Prediction: this intersection is going to be crazy busy in the next few years.

^ It certainly will, if only for the 24 AMC as this will be only the second 'megaplex' in the downtown core.
It amazes me how a city the size of Toronto has only one large movie theatre downtown.

If Paramount is any indication, this place will be bustling with people every night after 6 or 7pm.

oooooooooo .... I see the hole for the fans!!!!!!

exposed ducting ... awesome!!!

Back