News   Jul 16, 2024
 68     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 823     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 957     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
That's what I first thought so I went in for a closer look. The cross beam cannot be temporary because it runs under the permanent vertical beams like so:

III____III
======
III____III

Not sure if my ASCI drawing clears anything up, but the cross beam is sandwhiched between the 2 vertical ones so it can't be removed without the whole thing falling apart.

I'm hoping some sort of cladding or heck, a giant tv screen covers up this cross beam... if that's the case, then there's hope for this.. but I'm not holding my breath.

Metropolis is coming along quite nicely. I passed by this morning and noticed that they're adding the cladding for the billboards. Looks like they'll be up in no time.

As for the Dundas Square canopy: HIDEOUS! It started off by looking promising with the tilted I-Beams, but today they added a cross beam that is plain gross. The light sculptural glassy stage canopy originally planned for YDS is replaced by a brustalist hodgepodge of I-Beams.

Sometimes the city can really f%#k up a good thing.

Yes, I too saw the new 'canopy' today and the three big beams look very permanent. They look like they were built to hold lights and sound equipment.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, they use to block out the elements for the performers on the stage. Whatever they use to complete this top, could save it. Right now though, it looks like three white construction cranes hanging over the stage.

Sorry, yes, we need pics.

Here's the new canopy for the stage @ YD SQuare:

328424597_256a425d52_b.jpg

Are 70s-style space frames beyond the pale? (Then again, judging from the SW cor Bay + Charles, they can look pretty terminally pigeon-etc.-cruddy after a pretty short time...)

I think it looks good. It fits in well and doesnt look as bad as I pictured from the descriptions in here.

looks pretty bad but also looks like the canopy maybe retractable which is pretty cool

The big horizontal crossbar is sub-fortunate, but I was by the other day and didn't find the overall effect that bad at all.

looks to me like they are meant to pivot horizontally.. look at the one at the right of the picture and see how it is joined at the back

I love a good container port.

...like this one.

Being that they do pivot, will the roof be a fabric piece that unrolls when needed possibly?

And I do wonder what anti-pigeon measures are being taken. The Bay-Charles canopy has been rendered quite horrible by those flying varmints.

Back