News   Jul 15, 2024
 798     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 933     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 647     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yeah, Montreal's underground system is definitely superior. It's actually a destination you'd want to go to, not just somewhere you'd go only when the weather's bad. That's one of the reasons why I never felt Toronto's PATH system is a threat to street-level retail... who actually enjoys using it?

... back on track with Metropolis and YDS: I wonder what became of the closed off stage. If anybody doesn't know, I'll stop by today and have a look. About a week has gone by since they put up the fences so some small detail should indicate what's going on.

"not just somewhere you'd go only when the weather's bad."

Well PATH is terrific if you're an office worker in the FD looking for a power lunch or doing some convenience shopping on your break. But beyond office hours the place is quite vacant south of Queen st.

...not to mention weekends; and what *might* be open is mostly a token convenience. In this light, keep in mind that the 24-hour Tims are above-ground, not PATH...

-

They've started putting in the cladding's backpans on the West side of the Dundas facade. Having the voids filled in really starts to give a sense of the scale of the project.

And of more interest, the stage canopy is going in at Dundas Square. When I was by the lower sections of two of the ribs had been installed. It looks like the canopy will match the light posts (the same white tube steel), so I'm sure it'll look great.

Yonge Dundas Square is definetly getting a new Canopy.
I dont know if its the same stlye of canopy from the rendering however.

I saw the work which had been completed on it yesterday. And it looks very nice.

I agree with Montreal's RÉSO beating Toronto's PATH. It might be bigger, but it's not bigger.

Re: -

humm.... it sounds like they went for the cost cutting measure again. The Brown & Story design called for a glass canopy with stainless steel tubing.

I haven't seen the new stage so I'll reserve judgement... but I'm not optimistic.

Have you guys seen this? Is this due to advertising competition from the Metropolis?

Well I like it alot.

316762925_d853ce1c76.jpg

No, they are LED lights on wires, which gives it a transparent look during the day.

They look permanent to me. Saw them Friday and they look great - especially the falling snowflakes.

I worry, thought, that sooner or later they will be used to flash tacky 'scratch and save this weekend' messages...

I've yet to see it but isn't it possible that some of this beams are only temporary supports

Back