News   Jul 15, 2024
 735     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 891     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
More glass = ugly grey panels.

Replacing those panels on Torch with glass would do wonders for the look and feel of that building. Hopefully the new tenants realize that, or PenEquity opens up the building to attract a new tenant.

I'm really surprised that nobody's snatched up that prime real estate yet.

Re: YDS - if this ends up looking like anywhere near the Paramount theatre (Richmond+John) district, with its share of neon, flashy corny architecture, restaurants, shops and clubs... I'll declare this project a success.

I wish Metropolis had incorporated some room for street patios à la Spring Rolls just down the street, they would have scored some big points by creating a european sidewalk atmosphere. From the look of it, all the major restaurants will be located on the second and third floors. At least they have that outside patio facing Yonge.

Closing Dundas Square St and making it into patio space in the summer would be great... kinda a la McGill College in Montreal.

Here's Piazza Navona in Rome lined with patios.

Dundas Square (street) should be closed down permanently. However, although the alley that faces on to it has access from Shuter street behind Pantages, it's a one way alley and has to have an end where delivery vehicles can exit.

I guess there's a reason why they kept that street operational.

My feeling is, Dundas Sq/St's been effectively neutralized, to the point where outright closure is redundant...

I think the relative failure of Sparks/Rideau/Georgia-type "street malls" (or the sometime critique of, say, a pedestrianized Kensington) might inform such a decision. Y'know, it can be truer to the Jane Jacobs spirit to accept rather than banish certain kinds of "natural" traffic flow...

Are they building the canopy for the stage at Yonge Dundas Square or am I seeing something else.

And Are they putting up advertising on Metrooplis anytime soon?

There was no sign of any construction of the stage canopy at the square last week.

I believe that ads are supposed to go up on Metropolis as of this spring.

Well the reason I am inquiring about the canopy is because, PCL has fenced off the stage and begun dismantling the railings around it and removing the granite from the stage floor.

I figured maybe the long awaited canopy was beginning construction.

Maybe you're right! That's brand new if that's the case! Is the stage canopy the only remaining unfinished phase of the square?

I thought the same thing, Cal.

there is definitely some working going on with the stage but whether it's just maintenance or something more substantial, we'll have to wait and see.

Pray its not Maintainence.

That disgusting temporary stage canopy has got to go!!!

If you look at this rendering, and what we are actually getting you'll notice we will have much more window space. I think this will turn out much better then a lot of you think it will.

^ It's a pity that that rendering is an "artist rendering, not representative of actual advertisers," because the hockey game on the jumbotron looks distinctly like it's being sponsored by 'Homo Hardware'

if you look at the render. Some of the windows are actually covered by advertising.

I saw the Dundas Square stage and indeed something is going on. I'm hoping its the new stage canopy, but its an odd time to be working on such a project.
Perhaps a large new years eve show is going to happen this year and they plan to launch the canopy at this event. If it's pre-built, installing it should take no more than 1 to 2 weeks tops.

Back