News   Jul 15, 2024
 681     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 859     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Its not embarrassing. I think it will fit in perfectly. This isn't the Lourve. or St. Peters. Its Yonge and Dundas - Centre Stage for World Tackiness.

Times Square was itself a seedy part of the city, but as it grew in attention-getting power, bigger advertising dollars began to flow in and now it's a major tourist destination, perhaps the most well known city intersection in the world.

Yonge-Dundas Square won't be built in a day, it'll evolve over time.

exteriorrenderingsouthebs8.jpg

I wonder if PenEquity can pull off this art-deco inspired look with a limited budget and crappy materials. From what I see, the cladding is turning out to be exactly like Olympic Spirit: cheap looking and poorly executed.

"Its Yonge and Dundas - Centre Stage for World Tackiness."

I'm worried it won't be tacky enough...

TImes Square or Piccadilly Circus

Although everyone from the media to the developers seem to be drawing parallels between Dundas Square and Times Square, I feel that there are more similiarities between Dundas Square and Piccadilly Circus in London.

It will certainly reinforce the view of the city as a mini-NY imho. Times Square North- it's very cute :b

Re: TImes Square or Piccadilly Circus

Hard to pull off looking worse than that rendering. But what is looking like another big mall for downtown is probably no great achievement either.

Although everyone from the media to the developers seem to be drawing parallels between Dundas Square and Times Square, I feel that there are more similiarities between Dundas Square and Piccadilly Circus in London.
Indeed, it's Toronto's version of London's Trocadero (or something like that).

ye..ye.. that's it- Picmedilly Circus! ..definitely not Times Square! But seriously, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the whole concept based on the idea of Times Sq?

I hope they don'[t have that big blank wall running along Yonge..that would be a disaster.

As you can see here, there will be no blank wall. I'm cautiously optimistic about this project... although I was also optimistic about Torch as it was going up and it turned out to be a steaming pile of dog poo.

Back