News   Jul 15, 2024
 729     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: TImes Square or Piccadilly Circus

^Maybe a new tenant will see a need to clean up the exterior, clad the concrete, put up the missing screens and so on.

Maybe...

Is it me (probably) but it seems like Bog is gettin' bogged down lately.

Took my first walk around the creature today... holy mother of god!!! I hope that's all Canadian steel (call me Dofasco).

Did anyone think this mother would be that big??!!!

ANSWER: no 3D, no-one thought they'd build it at all.

In Ganjavih's picture, you can see protruding metal from one of the window façades where the Musica Hall of Fame is supposed to go. Looks like it's happening here after all.

I wonder what is planned for Torch then?

You mean like those old boats off Sunnyside in the 1930s? (Man, I feel like Mike Filey...)

"In Ganjavih's picture, you can see protruding metal from one of the window façades where the Musica Hall of Fame is supposed to go. Looks like it's happening here after all.

I wonder what is planned for Torch then? "

I have looked and looked, but all I see is a guy who looks like Nigel from Spinal tap??:p

"protruding metal from one of the window façades" = music hall of fame? How?

If you look at the rendering of the Yonge façade (that includes the CMHF) you'll see a big sign hanging off the side of the wall. These protruding metal beams are likely there to hold this sign. It could be for another sign alltogether, but it's in the exact location that the sign is in the rendering so it's leading me to believe that the music hall of fame is indeed going here.

"Is it me (probably) but it seems like Bog is gettin' bogged down lately."

Huh- me criticizing Toronto- never.

306741830_e29f233d5a_b.jpg

That thing is just absolutely massive. Poor Eaton Centre doesn't stand a chance at getting attention.

I'm glad it completely took over the parking garage on all sides. However, I'm very cautious because at this stage in construction, Torch was looking good too. The details will make or break the building so if they continue using corrugated metal and those grey squares too extensively, the outcome won't be good.

Hmmm... more glass than I was expecting. So far so good... cautiously optimistic.

Back