News   Jul 15, 2024
 620     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 771     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 602     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Question:

How can anything be an eyesore on Yonge Street?

Answer :

The whole street is an eyesore.

Why have no rendering of the east and north sides ever been released?

I'd guess that they didn't have them done because it's the back/service area of the building that nobody will ever see. It's really unusual to have a rendering done of anything other than the main facade of the building.

Why haven't we seen any renderings of the loading facilities for the Bay Adelaide Centre?

Edit: Although I agree that this could be one of the biggest eyesores in the City. The Ryerson Campus is going to be looking at the ass of that eyesore... poor little lake Devo - first a building is built on top of it and then this superstructure is almost hanging over it as well...

She is hilarious.

Metropolis; not so much. That photo above shows the superstructure for only half of the north end up so far.

I'm telling you, this building has the potential for being the biggest eyesore ever erected in our fair burg. Why have no rendering of the east and north sides ever been released?

The Torch still has "for lease" signs in the windows and one of the adds on the video screen at the Torch says "Lease space in this building". Doesn't sound like the hall of fame is moving in.

Good News!

A rendering for the North and East sides of Metropolis have been released!!!

They will be covered with the leftover Ryerson Business Building material.

These were posted by kuwaiti patriot over at SSC...next summer should be pretty amazing...all pics from the metropolis website...nice find, kuwaiti patriot!

exteriorrenderingdundasij9.jpg

exteriorrenderingeastellh8.jpg

exteriorrenderingnorthefm4.jpg

exteriorrenderingnorthebx1.jpg

exteriorrenderingsouthebs8.jpg

exteriorrenderingwestelcd2.jpg

Re: Good News!

I've seen most of those shots before, they surfaced about 8 months ago. It looks good tho :)

Sorry 'bout the repost....but here's 3 new pics from the metropolis website, dated Nov 15th..

1163626454.jpg

1163626422.jpg

1163626345.jpg

Photos of windows in first picture look good. Cladding above looks OK in small amounts. Hope the backside isn't completely covered by that.

I think we were getting ahead of ourselves when we suggested that the hoardings might come down before Christmas... There's still a lot of exterior work to be done and I doubt the soon to be historicaly protected blue hoarding will be removed. They're there to protect against the possible occurence of falling debris (i.e. cladding).

I think it's more realistic to say that the hoarding should be down sometime in February or March if construction doesn't grind to a halt due to the weather.

Re: the above renderings ... these are more current than ones we've seen before.

They actually show the new location for Futureshop (now on Dundas, previously on Yonge), the addition of an Adidas store and add a new twist to the Canadian Musica Hall of Fame which keeps us guessing whether it's getting built or not.

I think I've seen enough to finally come to judgement that this thing is an eyesore.

AoD

I think we were getting ahead of ourselves when we suggested that the hoardings might come down before Christmas.

They don't even have the framing for the second level of theatres done yet. The roofline for the theatres should be at the top of the tall mechanical floor shown in the first picture above (i.e. the roof of the 7th floor). I'm not sure if anyone has a sightline to the roof of Metropolis but I don't think the bulk of the structure has reached the 7th floor yet... only the Dundas Square side has topped out by the looks of things.

I would be surprised if the hording is down before the end of next summer.

Back